luggage racks

mark.mckechnie

Registered
Hey guys, just bought me a busa K7 model there at a fantastic knock down price due to the new K8's coming out, only thing is I cant find any luggage solutions for it and I have been warned by the dealer that the sub frames have broken before due to people over loading them!!!!
Does anyone know of a solution to this??/

Cheers Mark
hello.gif

Welcome Mark!

That was an issue with the 1999-2000 models. In 2001 Suzuki changed from an aluminum to a steel subframe to prevent this. I have not heard of any broken steel subframes.

If you are not trying to pack it like a Gold Wing, I think you will be fine.

Welcome Mark!

That was an issue with the 1999-2000 models. In 2001 Suzuki changed from an aluminum to a steel subframe to prevent this. I have not heard of any broken steel subframes.

If you are not trying to pack it like a Gold Wing, I think you will be fine.
+1

Did they have a solution to "sell" you yet?
smile.gif

correction: just noticed you are from Scotland so that would not be the distributor for you on the Ventura system

SW Motech makes hard bag removable brackets that you can mount Givi and I think Krauser bags.

Jim

I have the same Ventura that Semi does along with a "Bagster" tank bag.... The construction on the Ventura seems a bit "light" but it has not given me any trouble and it has a good quality bag. Takes about 10 minutes to install the system..

The frame doubles as a backrest for your rider (bag can point forward or backward). With the bag pointed backwards (Semi's is pointed forward) the bike wants carry the front wheel so a bit of discretion is needed when accelerating very hard.

Mark, go to the world site for Ventura luggage to get your nearest distributor...Ventura luggage is awesome, I've done (3) 7-8 day rides with it and 1) you forget it's there 2)it carries alot 3)it touches NO paint surfaces 4)it looks good! Raydog

P1000101.JPG

Hey guys, just  bought me a busa K7 model there at a fantastic knock down price due to the new K8's coming out, only thing is I cant find any luggage solutions for it and I have been warned by the dealer that the sub frames have broken before due to people over loading them!!!!
Does anyone know of a solution to this??/

Cheers Mark
hello.gif
congrats on the new ride. and welcome. what color did you get??? rics please.
welcome.gif
rulez8bn.gif

I use the ventura rack system with the large double bags. Works great. That is what I would recommend.

This is a picture of the soft bags I have on my bike and they are expandable as well. I keep them on my Busa all the time as I use her as a touring bike and always ride solo. Never had a problem with them coming loose or taking flight at higher speeds. They are manufactured by "Roadpak".
I have a large tank bag that clips into my tank bra and another trunk bag I put on the pillion and strap down to the Frankenstein bolts on the back. I'm good to go for hundreds of kilometers without stopping!! I can carry enough gear for a week long trip.

BikePics.com

Ventura luggage rack here as well..... You won't be disappointed, 4+ years and not one mishap.

Cheers Guys,

managed to source some Givi racks and boxes as well, some of you guys have some mean looking machines over there across the pond as it were hahahaha
Forgive me for changing the subject of the posting and I am being purely nosey now but I always remember someone telling me that the bikes over there were usually always Harleys due to the high insurance prices for sports bikes. I myself am quite high paying just under a thousand pounds a year for my machine (that should equate to approx $2000)
Is this just a myth or has the worm turned or something for you guys??

Cheers
Mark
ukliam3.gif

I found a used set of givi brackets....years ago. Got very lucky as Givi quit selling them for the 99-07.
May sound nut's but went 180 GPS with them on [downhill]

82076_054.jpg

Mark, insurance is strongly based on 1)location of your residence 2)your age 3)your driving record 4)how many "other" things you have insured with the company you use. For example, I have 2 houses, boat, 3 cars and 2 motorcycles insured, I am 60 yrs old, no tickets...and my Hayabusa insurance only costs $40 a month for full coverage!
Doyle

Back