Luggage Locker Elite Seat Sak

TxThundar

Registered
Well I had a trip to take last week and needed some luggage. I wanted something good quality that would be easy to put on the bike and not scratch stuff up. I found Luggage Locker online null and ordered the Elite Seat Sak in Lexel. Luggage Locker is out of Ohio and the bags are made in the USA to order and are specific to the bike. The owner Les answers email and the phone and has AAA++++ customer service.

So lets start the review. Well bag showed up and here is what I got out of the box. I went with the all black and I choose the Lexel as I liked the leather look. The material was all in good shape, seems and zippers were all good. The zippers are not of the heavest design, but they are of good quality and should hold up good, and if not it has a lifetime warranty.

Top.JPG

The inside holds plenty, I would say over 21 liters. I got 3 days of clothes and my rain gear in it. (3 boxers, 3 socks, 3 Tshirts, 1 long sleeve thermal, 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of sweat pants, and all the bath room stuff). I packed everything in gallon zip lock bags and could have fit an additional 3 days if I took out my rain gear. The tie down rings on all four courners would have allowed me to just attach my rain gear bag on top.

inside.JPG

The side pockets are each have a main large pocket and a small pocket. Here is the 1 of them that has two small pockets in side for phones or other things you want to keep separate. The top one inside has velcro to keep stuff inside.

side1.JPG

Ok so that is what it looks like so how does it mount. Well that is the easy and great part. First step take off your rear seat, so grab your key and got get it. Here you can see my rear seat and the bottom of the bag and you can start to get the idea.

unmounted.JPG

The bottom of the bag forms a pocket, so you undo th top velcro and the bottom buckle and slip your seat in, with the bottom of the see facing up.

Mounting_Step1.JPG

Velcro the strap around the bottom of the seat. These are hand made and the bag is the same for all Hayabusa years so for me the strap was a little tight but it did fit well. I think an earlier year Busa may fit a little looser around the latch.

Mounting_Step2.JPG

Well I think it looks good on the bike. This thing does not move around at all. I rode 1200 miles in 3 days and made a few runs in the triple digits. No movement, no scratches, not rubbing. I did not even know the bag was on except I had a back rest now. Here are a few final pics.

onbike.JPG

Notice the reflective strips on the back and another small pocket (this one only has a small velcro closer in the middle, I used this pocket just to slip the zipper pulls and cinch straps into so they would not flap).

back.JPG

Notice all 4 corners have cinch straps so if it is not full you can cinch them down. There is also a nice handle on top and 4 tie down rings, if you want to bungee something to the top.

front.JPG

Thanks for the link.  I've been using a 24" seatbag that I have to bungee and net onto the rear seat bungee bolts.  I found some longer ones so my paint finish isn't marred by the hooks. The net is really for extras or rain gear or my tripod.  Works well and is much cheaper than this one but this one is very interesting.  I wonder if its as big as the one I use for week+ long tours?  Is packing it done with the seat attached?  At a motel for the night, do you just release the seat with the key and take it all inside or is it easier to unbuckle it each time and leave the seat attached to the bike?  Do you think its bigger than the others shown?  Only one lists its dimensions and its much smaller than the bag I use now but from the pics I can't tell if yours is bigger or the Elite Zip Pack is.

IMG013Small.jpg

CBXRider, I packed with it off the bike then attached to seat. since the bottom of the bag is soft if you attach to the seat first it seemed to push the bottom up which removed some spade. With it off you can fill to max then when you cinch it down on to the seat it is not invading storage space. At a hotel you just unlock with key unclip buckle and Velcro, put seat back on and in you go. You are talking 5 seconds max. I am not sure if it is bigger then the Elite Zip Pak or not, those measurements seem small, I can try and measure the bag tonight and post up what I find. The funny thing is my friend ordered the full Cordura Elite Seat Sak for his ZX14 and it seemed smaller when I put them side by side. I think the size of the rear seat influences the size of the bag for the bike. My bag also seemed to have a more rounded rear-end compared to the ZX14, which was more square shape. I believe this was because the Busa bag has a pocket for the seat, where the ZX14 banana seat causes the bag to just be strapped on.

I know the price seems up there, but I like the service I got, the fact it is made in the USA (not from China), bike specific and no chance of causing damage. Also it has a life time warranty, which you will not find else ware. I have not had to use the warranty but I talked to Les twice by phone and through email and I get no impression he is going anywhere and I am sure he will stand by his product. Shoot I am sure you can call him up and he can tell you how big the bag is.

I good tip is pack with gallon size freezer bags. Put 2 T shirts in one bag, fold them so they barely fit into the bag, then zip the bag 99% closed and squeeze the air out and close the bag. This will give you a bag that is less then an inch thick and about 12 x 12. Do the same with one pair of jeans. Long sleeve shirts depending on thickness will fit two to a bag. You can put 3 underwear and 3 socks in a single bag also. This allows you to pack more and keeps everything dry in case of rain. I should have taken some pictures of it packed, but forgot, maybe next trip.

Really nifty, been looking into luggage options. Doesn't seem to have a lot of options out there. Anyone seen "hard" luggage available out there? Looked at Givi and nothing there. Thanks.

P.S. getting my Busa in 2 weeks!
drools.gif
ThumbsUp.gif
Then gotta wait for all this snow to melt !
banghead.gif

Yes there is hard luggage. You use SwMotech mounts and standard Givi/HB/etc cases with them.

Twisted Throttle SW Motech

Check out my sig. Also I posted pics of my setup a couple years ago if you feel like digging.

If you run 2 up a lot stick with the side luggage unless you feel like modding (I run an E52 topcase with Corbin backrest, but I had to make a custom plate to make it work, its flawless 1 up unmodified tho). The Givi sides cases are pimp tho and provide a TON of space.

I also run the luggage locker tank bag which is nice since you can leave it on the bike and it doesnt scratch your tank.

Back