Lucky me

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
Well it has been one year and nine months to the day sence I hit the tree on my Busa.  Friday 12/6 I went to the doctor for yet another set of follow up x rays.  This time I got the final ok.  The leg is 100% and now the rods and screws can come out.
jump9.gif
  I have two rods in my leg, one in my femur and one in my tibia with a total of three screws left.  I have already had three screws removed.  The bad part is that the doc said that I will be down for about 4-6 weeks.  They have to go in through my knee to get the rods back out.  Oh boy.  It looks like I will set it up in March so I can use up this years sick time and roll right into next years if need be.  When I had my accident I had to go out on short term disability.  That is a whole different story let just leave it at this.  I was out for three months and it took me about six months to get my pay straightened out.  I would like to do it now while it is not the best riding time but I will not do the disability thing again.

Ouch! Good luck on that operation. Sounds painful, but good to get it finished. I had pins in my foot after I got smashed by a drunk. Sounds minor compared to your injuries. Good luck on those operations man!!!

thumbs-up.gif

Hey man.. sounds like your not totally past the crappy part.. but getting there quickly. From everything I read about your crash sounds like your lucky to even be able to worry about it now ya know. . .

Either way.. sounds like you'll be ready to roll again by march/april

I was just thinking about it last night when I posted. I'm not going to have the surgery until March but thanks for the GOOD LUCKS. I will hang on to them until then.
Jim

Hey man.. sounds like your not totally past the crappy part.. but getting there quickly.  From everything I read about your crash sounds like your lucky to even be able to worry about it now ya know. . .

Either way.. sounds like you'll be ready to roll again by march/april
This is very true I did get lucky that night.  Trust me when I say stupid hurts.  But it does go to show just how tough the Busa is.  I broke my leg in four places and the Busa just got a little banged up.  Typical damage.  Left and right fairings and side case covers.  Total damage including labor was about $4600 as for me just a little bit more somewhere in the neighborhood of $39,500.  Thank god for insurance total cost out of pocket for me has been about $2,000 for the past two years.
face7.gif

I was just thinking about it last night when I posted.  I'm not going to have the surgery until March but thanks for the GOOD LUCKS.  I will hang on to them until then.
Jim
C'mon man, if you're scared, say you're scared. Nah, just bullsh^ttin' with ya man. Good luck and hope to meet you someday.

Brian

Glad you're still here to talk about it.  Keep your head up, and I hope that everything goes smoothly for you.  Hope that it will be painless, or at least as painfree as possible.

With all that is going on this summer with road trips and all I have decided to go ahead with my surgery sooner then originally planned. I just called my doctor to see how long it would be before he could get me in. To my surprise they said Friday the 31. That is just a little sooner then I was expecting but I will be very glad to get this stuff back out of my leg and be done with the whole ordeal. From what I have been reading it shouldn't be all that bad.
Hey BiggerDanno I found this site and it helps a little. There is some good info there.My broken leg.com
Once all is said and done I will let you know how it all turns out.

I'm glad for you that you're going to be able to get it over with. The sooner the better with these kinds of things so you don't have as much time to worry about it. Wishing you a speedy and pain-free recovery!

It is going to be great to have this chapter behind me. I have a feeling that this is going to be a very long week.
Anyway thanks Ben I really appreciate it.
Jim

Well it appears that the hospital only owns one screw driver and it's being used Friday so now I have to wait until Monday.
laugh.gif

Well it appears that the hospital only owns one screw driver and it's being used Friday so now I have to wait until Monday.
laugh.gif
You should called them and reschedule for the middle of the week...Operating rooms are like assembly lines...You never want a car that was assembled on Monday or Friday...First of the week everybody returns from their weekend drunk and the end of the week everybody is rushing to get to their weekend drunk...
smile.gif

By the way hope all goes well...

laugh.gif
You should called them and reschedule for the middle of the week...Operating rooms are like assembly lines...You never want a car that was assembled on Monday or Friday...First of the week everybody returns from their weekend drunk and the end of the week everybody is rushing to get to their weekend drunk...  
smile.gif

By the way hope all goes well...
Oh yeah great, thanks for the boost of confidence.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back