Luci's one tough lady

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
On the way back from the Meet and Greet in Eureka Springs, we ran through a super cell.  I was hoping we'd miss it, but it crossed our path on Rt 44 about 5 miles west of St. Clair (which is our exit).  It started raining extremely hard, then the hail came.  I thouth I could ride it out and find an overpass for protection. I figured I'm wearing full leathers so I should be protected.  Then the hail got big, really big.  Not golfball size, but bigger than marbles.  I pulled over, put Luci on her stand to fend for herself, and ran for the chase car.

105_4779__Medium_.JPG

Luci only sustained minor damage. Those plastics are tough. The gas tank is heavy gauge metal as well. These is one ding in the tank. One of the ice balls hit the mirror cover hard enough to pop to off and leave it's impression.

IMG_0510__Medium_.JPG

I took some lumps and bruises before finally giving up my quest to get Luci to safety. These were sustained through my leathers to give you some idea how big the hail was and how hard it was hitting. These are the bruises on one arm.

IMG_0514__Medium_.JPG

The wimpy chase car didn't fair as well as Luci. I won't be surprised if the insurance company wants to total it
please.gif
The roof, hood, both drivers side doors, both fenders on the drivers side look like this. The pasengers side is fine. The hail was almost falling horizontally.

IMG_0517__Medium_.JPG

Wow! Glad you're OK, Dennis! Looks like minor damage to Luci and you; sorry about the PT...

Unreal, Dennis it good that you only got a few bumps and bruises! I got caught in a cell like that in Florida before and my helmet didn't fair so well. The hail was larger than golfballs though!

Glad your ok with only bumps and bruises!
But you know that a mod or some other upgrade is in order to make up for leaving the Lady unprotected like that don't you?

I just ran into some nice size hail coming back from Laconia today. It was bad! I didnt have a chase car to go to tho. I was just sitting on the side of the road.... Ouch!

Sorry to hear about the trip, Dennis. Hope everything works out for the best.

Back