Lowest you've lowered your Busa

Blaine

Registered
My wife wants to get an 09 Busa the same time I do, but she's only 5 foot tall.

I was able to lower her Vulcan 1500, 3" and the center of gravity was already super low and since then she can sit flat footed, pick it off the stand with ease and ride like a crazy person. :thumbs::race:

Anyhew, what's the lowest anyone has lowered their Busa?
And did you use the adjustable links for the rear or what?
What about the front? I've only seen 1" lowering kits for the front.

Thanks for your help, this site rocks. :bowdown:

:welcome: And my 04 is lowered 2 front and 3 rear. Not good for the street but im 5'10" and stock height I was on my toes at lights so I had to lower mine but start with a lower seat and then see how much more you need to go would be my opinion. That way your not dragging on the street b/c you lowered to fit her height.

Thanks for the info. I'll check on a lower seat. We had to get a seat that was lower with a narrower nose so she sat lower on the Vulcan.

With her, she's just going to be riding it around with her woman's group, going to and from work and when we go for breakfasts or whenever we go out riding or on our vacation tours. She's use to her lowered Vulcan and knows to watch out from scraping it, plus she's not a knee dragger, just a speed freek, ha ha.

my 02 is sitting about 3.5 low and 1.5 up front. i have to really be carefull for big dips. i also weight 240.

tighten the shock up a lil and with her weight and a tobin seat she should be ok. my youngest son is 5-1 and he can sit flat footed on the bike. (with cut seat)

he is 11(before my cut seat)
jordononbusa.jpg

Last edited:
Again Thanks for the info!

Hey Shawnski how did you get 2" lower in the front?

And BLU88, where did you get the seat cut down?

Again Thanks for the info!

Hey Shawnski how did you get 2" lower in the front?

And BLU88, where did you get the seat cut down?

vortex tripple clamp for the front and vortex adj. lowering link for rear.

at 5' is she gonna be able to reach the handlebars comfortably while maintaing control of the bike with proper body positioning? the busa is a lot of bike for someone that small

at 5' is she gonna be able to reach the handlebars comfortably while maintaing control of the bike with proper body positioning? the busa is a lot of bike for someone that small

That would be the problem my son would have look at how he is stretching to the bars.

check out tobin on the cut seat. i will be letting him do a seat for my o8

Well i went with the 1.5 inch lowering in the front and 3 in the rear for awhile.. if you have the cash to spare you can go for an air ride system which i upgraded to. i can dropped my busa all the way to the rear tire where it almost touches but doesn't. She can adjust the height while ridding with a flick of the switch if you wanna go that route.

i'm 5'4. i have the bike lowered abt 3" in the front (you can't really stick a finger between front fender and bottom of the headlight/front cowling) and 2 in the back. going to lower the back another inch or inch and a half so i can sit totally flat footed with both feet..............BTW yes i have super short legs lol

In those pics i do not have the bike strapped down in the front which is why it isn't fully lowered all the way in the front.

DSC_0626.JPG

DSC_0613.JPG

DSC_0607.JPG

Last edited:
i'm 5'4. i have the bike lowered abt 3" in the front (you can't really stick a finger between front fender and bottom of the headlight/front cowling) and 2 in the back. going to lower the back another inch or inch and a half so i can sit totally flat footed with both feet..............BTW yes i have super short legs lol

In those pics i do not have the bike strapped down in the front which is why it isn't fully lowered all the way in the front.

Finally another South Carolian!:laugh: Welcome aboard!

Be carefull riding on the street with bike strapped all the way down. u have no suspension travel in the front at all DANGEROUS. nice mods u have done to the bike.

Back