Lowering

ranman

busaless but lovin the weather
Donating Member
Registered
hi guys and gals
thinking about lowering the bike. i have 1.5 - 3" rear dog bones. and 3/4" reaper risers on the front.
does anyone run the 1 1/2" lower in the rear and the 3/4" in the front? or is this not a good combo?
thank you for your advise
type.gif

ranman

Are we the only two on this morning
laugh.gif

ahhhh, lowering... I run 3 hole dog in the rear (in the second hole) and two inch drop triple tree in the front.

I LOVE rolling low, and if you like to show its the way to go.

I tried the lowest hole and 3" in the front, but unless you live on glass (smooth roads) you will tear you bike apart and kill yourself on the first pothole.

I've stiffened out my suspension and unless I hit a bridge at 100+ nothing even scrapes.

<!--EDIT|heavybusa
Reason for Edit: "d@mn it!"|1154777800 -->

I use the second hole on the dog bone, and 1 1/4" bushing up front. Only hit belly pan once with my wife on the back, but we were rolling and could slow up intime. nothing major, just scape alittle.

I use the second hole on the dog bone, and 1 1/4" bushing up front. Only hit belly pan once with my wife on the back, but we were rolling and could slow up intime. nothing major, just scape alittle.
I had mine pretty low and the belly -wing -pan -plastic is severely scratched up. I didn't even realize it was scraping here and there. I raised it back up some , but its still lower than stock.

its a cool trick on the strip if you have air.

Until the golf cart pulls you over and a guy on a horse gives you a ticket.
laugh.gif

Back