Lowering the front only?

SuperNova

Registered
I just went to Lowes and spent $25 on some misc parts that have ended up lowering my front end just as spacers would do.  The items i bought ended up dropping it just under 2 inches in the front and making my handle bars a heck of a lot higher and easier to get to.  I just wondered, is it ok to only lower the front?  It looks so much better this way than how it sits stock.  It gives it that little bit of rake that makes it look bad ass.....It also handles like the 600rr i just sold.  I didn't know if it would hurt anything or not.  I know if you make that caster angle to weak you'll start getting the dreaded tank slapping....here is how it looks now...
loweredbusa002.jpg

<!--EDIT|SuperNova
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155967883 -->

It wont hurt anything but your front fender if you lower it to much... you could bottom out and damage your headers and or plastic so watch out for potholes or big bumps. The suspension gurus here say that lowering the front or raising the back actually helps the bike turn into the corners making the bike a bit more flickable in the turns. If you like it then go with it... just watch for the front fender coming up and hitting the underside of the nose piece and the plastic behind the front wheel. 2 inches shouldnt get you into trouble though anymore and it might cause problems with the above mentioned...

Thats a nice bike by the way! Welcome to the .org!

Nice ride, I like the exhaust.

That black headlight will negate all the visability you think thos reflectors will give you. my .02

Welcome!!

OK son now for inquiring minds what is the parts list and how too?
rock.gif
?PIcs Also

If you are lowering the front for quicker turn in, you probably don't want to do that.

Lowering the front reduces ground clearance. At stock height, riders have drug engine fairing. By lowering the front, you are going to drag fairing even sooner.

If you want to improve turn-in, then raise the rear. It will improve your ground clearance.

Only lower the bike for drag racing or show.

Ok so it corners great....but now i have another issue....I went on a ride with a friend and on they way home i decided to get on it hard coming onto the interstate....I am guessing that lowering ONLY my front screwed up my caster angle just enough to cause the handle bars to start wobbling....It really freaked me out cause I cot up to like 115 in just a twist of the wrist. It didn't get any worse than a little wobble but i couldn't control the steering....SO now that i have done that, I am definately going to lower the rear to even things out...I am more into drag racing anyway....Plus it is extremely uncomfortable riding it now because it tends to make you slide forward on the seat and it's uncomfortable to lay down....

Back