Lowering the front end

ncdogman

Registered
hey everyone. ive got a tripple tree to lower the front of my busa. what is the easiest way to do it and how do you properly lower it without messing anything up? thanks.

Probably dont help you any, but I used a front stem stand. Leaves load off the front end, and allows you to push the forks up, or pull down. You can have a couple friends hold the sides, final loosen the clamp bolts, and push the front end down/lift up while they support the weight (I also did this the first time). I used a sliding rule to measure the distance on fork, tightened, then measured the other fork until matched, and tightened. GL.

if you don't have a stem stand as I don't...... get another person to balance the bike and put a piece of wood under the oil pan and use a floor jack to hold it.

you can then loosen the triples and lower the jack to where you want it and you're golden.
super.gif

I simply loosened all but one bolt on both sides, then slightly loosened one side so I could move the fork tube through. Once I moved it a certain amount, I measured the amount I slid it through to estimate how much I lowered it. I tightened up that bolt, then went to the other side and did the same thing, measured so they're as close as I could tell. Once I was certain I had them as even as I could possibly get them, I tightened everything back up. One man job, no stand, super easy.

I simply loosened all but one bolt on both sides, then slightly loosened one side so I could move the fork tube through. Once I moved it a certain amount, I measured the amount I slid it through to estimate how much I lowered it. I tightened up that bolt, then went to the other side and did the same thing, measured so they're as close as I could tell. Once I was certain I had them as even as I could possibly get them, I tightened everything back up. One man job, no stand, super easy. [/Quote]
+1..
This is how George and I did it

i did kawiboy11's, took the fairings off and used a bike jack to bring the front tire off of the ground and then loosened the bolts on the upper and lower triple tree and adjusted the forks to the height he wanted them at, then cinched the bolts back up and she was good to go. Sound harder than it is!! whole thing only took an hour!!
beerchug.gif

Back