lowering the busa

Jayfaas

Registered
Buddy just got an 06 and wants me to lower it for him. I've lowered. An r6 and a few gsxr's(600's and 750's) but I'm wondering if its any different. Anyone know where I can find a good DIY writeup? Possibly with pics

DIY
rock.gif
?

he needs to buy a top clamp and some dog bones.

You need to do a search
laugh.gif

he's bringing the dogbones to me. Im just wondering if there would be any difference in lowering his 06 busa vs lowering my 05 750. I wouldnt think it'd be too different but I figured Id come here and ask. Maybe there might be something that i come across and wont know about..Ive only lowered smaller bikes like the r6 and the 600's and 750's...

(Jayfaas @ Jan. 21 2007,06:30) he's bringing the dogbones to me. Im just wondering if there would be any difference in lowering his 06 busa vs lowering my 05 750. I wouldnt think it'd be too different but I figured Id come here and ask. Maybe there might be something that i come across and wont know about..Ive only lowered smaller bikes like the r6 and the 600's and 750's...
Yes, as stated above, the dogbones for the back which he's got. But also, a lowering top clamp for the triple clamp. The factory clamp cover (says "hayabusa" across it) will only allow the forks to slide about 5 or 6mm, then they hit the casting. A billet top clamp cover, or one piece top, allows the forks to slide up farther, still have to watch the taper on the forks themselves, but a good 1.5-2".

How much are the top clamps and where can I get them if you don't mind me asking. I'm going to search but I'm sure you guys know where I can get it cheaper. Thanks in advance.

Contact a board sponsor here (Goldenchild or streetNtrack)

They will take care of you.

you could also check the auction site (click the link in my sig) or post a thread in the wanted section

(heavybusa @ Jan. 21 2007,13:03) you could also check the auction site (click the link in my sig) or post a thread in the wanted section
+1 that works very well!

Good morning Heavy...haven't seen you in about 7 hours.

(300Busa @ Jan. 21 2007,14:04) Good morning Heavy...haven't seen you in about 7 hours.
laugh.gif
Morning, I just finished cooking jess breakfast in bed or I'd been here sooner.
tounge.gif

I would recommend staying away from the NYC or Yani Shiki "skeleton" top clamps. I personally use a SpencerCycles billet version.

(CAT3 @ Jan. 21 2007,21:58) I would recommend staying away from the NYC or Yani Shiki "skeleton" top clamps.  I personally use a SpencerCycles billet version.
I just let the air out of my tires, Bam down 3 inches front and rear!

(CAT3 @ Jan. 21 2007,21:58) I would recommend staying away from the NYC or Yani Shiki "skeleton" top clamps. I personally use a SpencerCycles billet version.
I have NYC, and had no problems.

But there are some horror stories.

Back