Lowering Stretch Busa Question..

808 BUSA

Registered
Ok, i have a 2008 busa with a 300 kit stretched about 9-10 inches. It's still stock height so of course the stock spring barely supports my weight. A passenger on the back that weighs more than 100lbs won't fly. Tail light will hit my tire. What are my options? I saw an adjustable strut on the ppm website...I need to fix this asap...

i also have an 08 with a 330 kit on it stretched at 6in currently with no taillight clearance issues, if stretch it out any further( its a 4,6,8 adjustable) I would have to replace the shock. I was told you can get a stiffer strut like shock( bike then rides like a rigid) or to do air ride. I am looking at air ride with Bigrod330 instant up mod. dual chamber allows you to have set the ride high and rebound and adjust on the fly, dapincci is the common brand. do a search on here and on you tube bigrodd330 air ride or instant up. Rod is the air ride master contact him

i also have an 08 with a 330 kit on it stretched at 6in currently with no taillight clearance issues, if stretch it out any further( its a 4,6,8 adjustable) I would have to replace the shock. I was told you can get a stiffer strut like shock( bike then rides like a rigid) or to do air ride. I am looking at air ride with Bigrod330 instant up mod. dual chamber allows you to have set the ride high and rebound and adjust on the fly, dapincci is the common brand. do a search on here and on you tube bigrodd330 air ride or instant up. Rod is the air ride master contact him

:laugh: WOW Im getting busy with all the air ride question of late. You said it about the air ride...and would / should get the adustable althread lower links to find tune the hight when air is all out to save the tail and tire from becoming unwanted friends.
You can also swap the stock spring for a heavier rated spring.

Also, if you are swapping the stock spring for heavier, you will shortly there after need and revalve job on shock, so might as well do it all at the same time. Mine is stretched 8.5 inches, and when it was lowered 2", if I have even my daughter who is 87lbs ride, it bottoms out on every little bump, and that is even after resprung and valved.

best ones i could dig and find from the side...

IMG_2073.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

Yea you deff need to get the tail DOWN when parked at shows!
You may even have room to mount the air valve controller under the chrome cover on the swingarm ( where a NOS bottle typically is ). 08 are tight in the tail for everything but it can be done. The compressor fits nice in the left side of the tail...keeping out of sight and not take ANY space from the trunk.:beerchug:

yeah if you can see the busa tail in the background it's about 5 bikes above mine and he has air ride and it will sit on top of the tire....lovely...soooo, how much would this run me through you? pm if need be..

al, you still gots your aslip ons brah...let me know... getting back to nudder bus this week already working for the swithbacks for the 10, got one harness done...still your bike is clean

yeah if you can see the busa tail in the background it's about 5 bikes above mine and he has air ride and it will sit on top of the tire....lovely...soooo, how much would this run me through you? pm if need be..

Here is the thing..Im NOT a dealer or a shop owner, just a plain jane love for the sport and bling that has an eye of what works and looks good:laugh:
Best deal around for the Dapincci air-ride is Spinwurkz.com about $900 with a chrome air cylinder. Soupy's althread lower links or Brock's has nice ones too...about $70 guessing, not sure. Done....thats all you need. And its simple to install. Now If you want to make it pop up quick when you raise it vs waiting on the compressor to fill it.....Hit me back for an instant up set up. I made one for mine and have been giving out help every other week about how too. I realy should put a package for it together and sell to make a few extra pennies.

yes you should rod, I would be purchasing one from you or you will be answering more then your fair share of questions reguarding the installation:whistle:. Air ride system is my next big purchase for the bike, waiting till spring,and keeping an eye out on a smokin deal. I think i pretty much understand the concept, its the installing and fine tuning of the system were i would need your expertise:laugh:

yes you should rod, I would be purchasing one from you or you will be answering more then your fair share of questions reguarding the installation:whistle:. Air ride system is my next big purchase for the bike, waiting till spring,and keeping an eye out on a smokin deal. I think i pretty much understand the concept, its the installing and fine tuning of the system were i would need your expertise:laugh:

Fine tunning is in the seat of you pants...it all verries on the riders weight.
As for the instand up KIT....was talking with the wife lastnight about. I may by up some parts and pre wire then to make 3-4 kits to be ready to ship. Maybe make just a few bucks on them?

rod pm about the kit you talking about pre wiring /putting together for the instant up mod, just shoot me an idea of a price. also, i found a dipincci air ride kit on ebay, if you search hayabusa air ride its there, if you can check it out and let me know what ya think when you shoot me over the price quote for the instant up.
nate

rod pm about the kit you talking about pre wiring /putting together for the instant up mod, just shoot me an idea of a price. also, i found a dipincci air ride kit on ebay, if you search hayabusa air ride its there, if you can check it out and let me know what ya think when you shoot me over the price quote for the instant up.
nate

Is it the kit with new cylinder..seen it, or should I says your NOT the 1st asking me to check in on it. I know 2 others bidding on it...if it is the same one. Get the orig buy location and date from the seller....Dapincci will stand behind everything for ONE FULL YEAR. But they need that info to comfirm date of orig sale.
Ill have to work on the kit price. I dont want to buy what you can buy yourself and then sell to you for even more money...thats just not right! I need to find a couple deals first, give me a week or two. Im back to work now so not as much free time.

no problem rod, i appreciate the help. Like i said i wont be getting any air ride system till spring or unles its just a smokin deal, got some other financial things to take care of before i go dumping more money into the brand new custom bike I had to sweet talk my way into with the lady already:rofl:

Back