Lowering Question ???

Bosshound

Donating Member
Registered
Does it effect the handling Ability of the Bike ? (TWISTIES) Also does the Weight of the Rider make a Differance ? :shocked:

I am about 300 Pound's :whistle:

I would say not more than an inch, really you may want to look into heavier springs suited to your weight to get the best out of your bikes suspension for the twisties, then look at lowering.Lowered, under hard braking,the dive may smash the front fender into the inner panel of the upper fairing. Somebody your size with chime in shortly with better info too:thumbsup:

Its defiently gonna hurt the handleing, it seems to make it harder to turn in and doesent wanna stey in the turn. If twisties and handling are your game id advise against lowering.

Robert, Mine was lowered when I first got it. I rode it for a while that way for a while and never noticed anything negative...until I took the lowering links out and put it back to normal. It was a huge difference in the ride.

Lowered mine once, looked really cool, but handled really BAD!

Your handling will be affected, and your hard parts will touch sooner or with less lean than if it was standard height. Some guys that carve canyons actually raise the rear an inch or run a slightly taller rear tire.

mine is lowered and stretched, down to a 1/4 inch strips, there are guys on here with stretched and lowered bikes that can hang with the stock bikes... and if anyone wants to argue about it i will give you the names....

Robert
I lowered mine 3" in the back 2" in the front would not go back to stock height. just slide around on the seat a little more or bend the bars off if you have to to get around the corner. Yes you will have to adjust the suspension dont we all. They sure look great lowered. And if they do get out a little quicker than you just learn how to gun them down, there is always another turn up ahead.:laugh:

115-1534_IMG.jpg

Back