Lowering question

Pipefighter248

Donating Member
Registered
I was wondering if I lowered the front .75" to 1" and the rear 1.5" to 2" If I would have any problem riding 2-up? My wife would be pissed if I told her she couldn't ride because of being lowered. Yes, I have used search, but there is not much talk about riding with pass. I am 185# and she is 125# if this would help.

I have my bike lowered 2" in rear, and my front is adjusted, not lowered. But I am 235, passenger around 130. So I think you should not have any problems.

Thanks for the reply stallion.
Another question: anybody using the reaper risers? This would be the way I go at first due to money right now. Is there any clearence issues with the windscreen. I looked at mine and it seems there is only about half inch clearence with stock height and stock screen. Just wondering if the fluid reseviors would clear at full lock. Thanks

I have the 1" reapers and the rear is in the middle hole. I bottom out alot. Mostly entering or exiting some parking lots, gas stations, ect. I have also bottomed out at higher speeds while alone. I like it low so I may start playing with the suspension soon. I'm 200 and wife is 112. As far as the fluid res. they are able to be slid around on the bar they will be fine. Hose length was not an issue either.

<!--EDIT|Raising Cane
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084339392 -->

mine is lowered 1.5" front/2" rear and I can ride 2 up just fine. My top gun tail did bottom out once riding 2 up when I hit a massive bump. The stock tail would defintely clear just fine.

I've got mine lowered about the same you want yours. and Me and my wife weight about the same as you'll never had a problem and we've done a couple long trips 300+ miles and it was fine, and just as comfortable.

Thanks for all the help. I was just wondering because a lot of my riding is 2-up, and I didn't want to mess anything up.

Back