Lowering My Busa

flyboy

Registered
? to all that have lowered their Busa....What did you do with the kick stand? I want to lower my bike about an inch, but I'm not sure what to do with the kick stand. I am worried that it will stand up more upright and thus easy to push over. Thks!

<!--EDIT|flyboy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1071688690 -->

I lowered my Busa 2 inches in the front and 2 in the rear...it's made parking on nothing but a flat surface hell with the long kickstand! The simple solution is to cut the stand, take some of the length off the piece you cut, then weld it back on...I know performance shops will do this for you if you aren't up for doing it yourself. That's the solution offered by most shops that do the lowering mod...

I'm just wishing for a new adjustable chrome stand to help fix the problem!
biggrin.gif

Here's a pic of my Busa since the lowering mod...I'm parked in a dirt driveway, but you can see the Busa still has a lean to it.  It would be easier to push over if you don't cut/replace the stand, but it's still capable of leaning enough to be safe (on a flat surface)...I just always make sure I lock the steering...

VaBusa7.jpg

I'm glad you sent the pic. I have a gray one to. I want to lower mine. Now I see what it'll look like, I'm gonna do it this weekend. Thanks!:

I'm glad you sent the pic. I have a gray one to. I want to lower mine. Now I see what it'll look like, I'm gonna do it this weekend. Thanks!:
I have no regrets...I had to lower mine so I wouldn't drop the damn thing anymore!

But, even my husband, who's 6'1" said it's easier to handle...looks damn good too...
biggrin.gif

Wow, now that price can encourage me to try and make myself a kick stand. But Schnitz is where most of my Busa bucks go.

i did the kickstand mod and took a notch on the front and back so that the stand will move foward more and have not had a problem since was easy FREE and does the job
cool.gif

I lowered my wife's YZF600 and it would fall over when on the kickstand because it was sitting one degree of vertical.

I did the kickstand mod and got it to two degrees of vertical. Any light wind would cause it to fall over.

A welding shop charge me $15 to shorten the stand 1". Now it is perfect.

toss out the old stand and get an adjustable one....if you cut out your stock one you wont be able to put the bike back to stock height

Hey guys! Just purchased an 01 Busa and am getting into all these mods. I have noticed the rediculous price on some of these "trick" items like $180 bucks for a damn kickstand. I own a custom fabricating shop and recently did the shortening of my own kickstand. We are looking to break into this market and figure we can supply a shortened kickstand for around $125 cdn funds. let me know if there is an interest out there for this sorta thing. If i get enough response I'm gonna go ahead and start building them. Also, pl;aese let me know if there are other items out there that you may need and can't find or that are rediculously priced. email to chrisandbev2002@yahoo.ca Thanks for your time!

I don't know if there is a market for that or not....most people can have the local welding shop cut the stand off and reweld it.

Hey guys!  Just purchased an 01 Busa and am getting into all these mods.  I have noticed the rediculous price on some of these "trick" items like $180 bucks for a damn kickstand.  I own a custom fabricating shop and recently did the shortening of my own kickstand.  We are looking to break into this market and figure we can supply a shortened kickstand for around $125 cdn funds.  let me know if there is an interest out there for this sorta thing.  If i get enough response I'm gonna go ahead and start building them.  Also, pl;aese let me know if there are other items out there that you may need and can't find or that are rediculously priced.  email to chrisandbev2002@yahoo.ca  Thanks for your time!
I'd be interested if it's chromed...if it's just the stock stand, but cut, I don't know if the interest will be big...most of us can do that ourselves. I hate the looks of the stock stand...there needs to be some affordable alternative!
smile.gif

Hey, Get a torch and heat the end of it, (kick stand) and bend it out. It worked great for me. Watch the pipe so you get the right angle. I've got mine down "3

Back