Lowering links?

04purpleyerple

Registered
Will someone give me the run down on lowering links? Will this affect the suspension on the bike, affect wheelies? I'm 6"3' and i dont know if will affect me on the bike. I like the lowered look but just didnt know. I dont race the bike at all, it sets in the garage until im ready to take it out and have fun.
thx
kC

it changes the height and geometry just a bit if you don't go super low.

Buy the Soupys Adjustable Links, This way if you dont like it you can raise it back up, Or adjust for different riding styles.

But by all means lower it. ( Love the look )

soupys links are the way to go im 6'2 and mines lowered and i love it i tend to race it every now and then it really helps keep the front tire down specially being im only 140 lbs kinda effects the turns a little also gotta lean a little more but its well worth it in my opinion

If you are a poser, lower that puppy and park it in front of your local starbucks on Sunday mornings. If you enjoy romping the corners and polishing your knee pucks, by all means leave your bike at stock height.

Lowering your ride severly affects your suspension as well as geometry not to mention ground clearance both straight up as well as while leaned over. Dragging hard parts while leaned over can easily put you in the bushes.

A lowered busa does look cool but it takes a heavy toll on performance.

I lowered mine and it still handles pretty good for what I do, it's not about being a poser its about having it how you like it!:beerchug: if you dont like it like said above you can go back to your stock settings!

I lowered mine and it still handles pretty good for what I do, it's not about being a poser its about having it how you like it!:beerchug: if you dont like it like said above you can go back to your stock settings!

+1000

Not everyone wants to drag a knee, If that were the case this would more than likely be a 600 or GIXR1000 forum.

Lowering your busa is all about looks (Unless you are building a drag bike). Has nothing to do with performance. There is a long list of negatives and I cannot think of a single performance positive.

If the OP want's to lower his bike, great! His question was how would it affect his ride. I'm simply pointing out there are no positive reasons to lower a bike, only a long list of reasons not to!

It doesn't have to be a drag bike to benefit a lowered stance. A street-strip bike can be lowered some and do both very well.

I guess there's something to be said about calling someone a poser when your track day bike is a sport tourer.
Posted via Mobile Device

Preload is just a ride height adjustment too remember lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Preload is just a ride height adjustment too remember lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know, I know! I remember quite well your argument that adding preload would stiffen the suspension. Are you still grasping that idea?

Still waiting on how reducing number and length of active coils is nothing more than a ride height adjustment. Willing to learn just saying what I've read and understand.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lowering your busa is all about looks (Unless you are building a drag bike). Has nothing to do with performance. There is a long list of negatives and I cannot think of a single performance positive.

If the OP want's to lower his bike, great! His question was how would it affect his ride. I'm simply pointing out there are no positive reasons to lower a bike, only a long list of reasons not to!

I can think of a couple of positive like, beening able to be flat footed, how about the riding postion, its alot more comfortable with knees. Again to each and their own!

It doesn't have to be a drag bike to benefit a lowered stance. A street-strip bike can be lowered some and do both very well.

I guess there's something to be said about calling someone a poser when your track day bike is a sport tourer.Posted via Mobile Device

Thats my thing, just because I dont ride canyons I'm considered a poser because I lowered my bike?:whistle: It is what it is I guess! I'm going to another thread!

For all who think lowering your bike has no effect on your ride unless you are pealing the michelin man off the sidewalls of your tires, let me ask you one simple question:

What effect does lowering have on your progressive rear suspension. By adding a longer arm (Dog Bones) to your cantilever suspension, what and how does that affect the way your bike behaves?

Its just a ride height adjustment. Roflcopter.

Throwing the big words out there doesn't help. Torque application 101. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Posted via Mobile Device

I also like the look of a lowered 'Busa. I am seriously thinking about lowering my 'Busa. My questions is, what is the best way to lower the front of the bike? :beerchug:

Back