Lowering Links and Lowering Strap?

Dola225

Registered
I am looking to lower the my 04 Busa.
 I have been told there are some crappy links out there that wil infact snap anyone have a quality link to recommend?

2. I am looking to order a Schnitz Racing lowering strap. Does anyone have expirience with these? I think it is a very cool idea and you can lower and raise it to your preference.

Just looking for some insight to these 2 products before I go and buy.

Thank you in advance......

"Begginin to Busa"

The strap is really just for launching - it's really not a good idea to ride around with your front fork springs compressed.

As far as links, look at the Spencer cycle adjustable bones - they are well made and very easy to adjust.

For the rear, Soupy's lowering links. They are arguably the best you can get.

As for the strap, it'll lower the bike but its not recommended you use it on the road. I use mine at the strip and ONLY at the strip. It binds the steering so it makes it very difficult to turn. You can loosen it so you can keep it on the bike while road riding (you don't have to take it off and put it back on between actual use of it) but the front will be at normal height.

If you want to safely lower your front end you should look into an aftermarket tree clamp. I use both. I have the tree clamp to have the bike lowered 1.5" on the road and then use the strap at the track to drop it down to 3".

Any Recommendations on the clamp?
rock.gif
I am new to all this and I really appreciate it my dumbass would be riding around with forks compressed...

With the straps can you just pull the fork down 1.5 just to ride around with or will that mess up the steering still?

I have a strap and only pull it down when I roll up to the line to launch. You can probably get by riding around with it pulled down a little but it DEFINITELY affects handling. Unless you're a drag racer you should get a clamp like NC said.

Anyone have a fair priced clamp to recommend???

I just need a clamp with the holes for the forks to go thru correct??? I didn'[t think lowering this thing was going to be this complicated haha.

Holla at some of the sponsors. I think Goldenchild may be able to hook you up. Try shooting him a PM.

+1 on Soupy's.

Rear... Very well made! Fully adjustable. Adjustable is great cause if you don't like the height you don't have to go through all the trouble as you did when you installed them the first time. The 3hole lowering links you do. ***Don't buy "Cheapo" adjustable links!
SoupysAdjustableLinks.jpg

Ever consider spacers for front?(Soupy's also) Can find some on Ebay also which work fine in this case. Very easy to install.
soupysfrontspacersinstalled.jpg

Also might want to buy an adjustable kickstand while you at it... spencercycle.com $99. Don't want your Busa "Cow Tipped"! Also go buy a 2nd set bolt(extra precaution) at your local hardware store. *locktite them once you figure out what height you are going to stay with.
080310_062254.jpg

Busa with kit installed....
SideviewwithCleartaillight.jpg

As far as top clamps go... It's pretty much pick the one that looks best to you.

**note lowering it will change how she rides. Not drastic,but noticeable.

Hope these pics help!

Back