Lowering Front or Raising the Back?

wizard

Never Forgotten
Looking to make the busa more "agile" in twisties.. It ain't entirely bad as it is, but it is - how to put it mildly - eeeehm! a little-bit "heavy hearing"...

I don't have a clue what would it be best to do, but I have a feeling both ways have their shortcomings..

I have only come accross the "dog bone" for the front (also like the picture, in aluminium.. lighter.. any good?.. ) but nothing for raising the back.. (..do I hear dirty jokes?..)

C'mon people, gimme your lights, I know this is an issue for some in here - having FUN in twisties..
smile.gif

lowering_link.jpg

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think a set of stock SV650 dog bones will raise the rear of the busa a little. Lowering the front is as easy as gettin' spacers for the bar mount base and slidin' the forks up in the clamps.

I've never done either to a busa so I can't tell you what to expect but in theory doin' either would sacrifice some stability for better turn in. I guess it would depend on how much you raised the rear or lowered the front as to how much trade off you ended up with in the stability and steering departments.

Basically, either will shorten wheel base and change trail to some extent. That's what changes the steering and stability.
wink.gif

..yeah, my mistake.. I said "dog bones" and in the picture I have the lowering links.. ..so much for my English crash course..
smile.gif

..but seriously, WHAT of the two should be done - stability I'd like to remain as firm as possible.. Just a "tad" faster without compromising this GREAT "200+ one-hand-rides".. (..sort of speak.. )

Like B.T. said---raising the forks up by raising the handle bar top plate.. I made 1 1/2" round spacers...That by itself
made the bike easier to control in the turns. Then i slid the forks up 3/4" and made longer dogbones..to lower the rear
3/4"...I love the way its handles...Just remember it's the 100 pound weight penalty--that we have...so the Busa will never rail like a 600 750 1000...
wink.gif

Back