lowering front end

monkey_m

Registered
hi all talking to a chap the other day and he suggested loosen the fork clamps and allow the fork tops to touch the bottom of the top yoke (hope your with me still) he reckons that'll drop the front end by 4mm which in turn would make her turn in/change direction faster any one got any opinions on this or actually tried it any help would be great

Welcome to the Org monkey_m , I did that to mine and to be quite honestly, I did not notice a difference at all.

Also, there are skeletonized top clamps that allow you to lower even further. If nothing else might look cool and allow you some added flexibility. You can Slam it, Dirty South Style
laugh.gif

Lower the front about 1/2" and raise the rear 1" and you should notice that it turns in easier and a little faster.

cheers for the tip ba busa only prob i got is being in uk it hard to find after market top yoke to drop the front thought bout machineing out my standard yoke top

you can't lower it 4mm and expect to notice a difference... I lowered my front 1.25" and I notice mine alot.
smile.gif

Cutting the stock top-clamp won't work.....
Not enough room for the fork tubes between the bars........

Back