Lowering front end takes away top end??

Dopey

Donating Member
Registered
Ok so hear goes what im assuming to be the dumbest thing ive ever heard. I have a buddy I ride with that's dumping a bunch of money into his gsxr600, now as it is he won't use what he has for his fear of the front wheel coming up constantly. But the guy he has doing the work and dyno tune told him he'll drop the front end 1/4" ti help with the cornering as well as help keep the front end down a little which makes sense but then tells him the father he drops thre front it'll cause him to lose his top end speed. Does anyone feel that makes sense fir even a second ? Ive been doing this awhile and don't claim to know everything but ive never heard anything like this and laughed in my buddy's face when he told me this as I truly thought he was joking.

I could see raising the front end throwing off the top end slightly as it would upset the aerodynamics but can't see lowering the front end doing anything. Maybe it would put the rider more into the wind stream and throw off the aerodynamics but I'm no engineer.

Misinformation and fake news. . . A lot of it about at present.
Since when did 600 gixxers pull wheelies unless you clutch them?
The guys on drugs lol.
Like I said I laughed in my buddy's face because I really thought he was joking. He's already dumped a bunch of money into ther little 600 and it will pull the front up without the clutch, I will say that he is as passionate about his little 600 as most of us are about our busas. His bike is as clean as @c10 or @ROADTOAD1340 busas and after a talk with our former sponsor when done with what he was told to do the former sponsor says he should be close to 150 hp but im not doing thr work and haven't built any so that's coming from him not me. I figured some would get a kick out of it as much as I did with the whole top speed part.

Lowering the front won't take away top end. I don't do twisties. But I can't see how it woul'd help with cornering at all... If he's worried about the front end lifting. Tell him to trade the 600 for a Harley. No problems with wheelies there. The only time the front end of mine comes up is when it's on a jack.

Lowering the front won't take away top end. I don't do twisties. But I can't see how it woul'd help with cornering at all... If he's worried about the front end lifting. Tell him to trade the 600 for a Harley. No problems with wheelies there. The only time the front end of mine comes up is when it's on a jack.
He doesn't have a Harley but he does have a cruiser, I get liking a particular bike but he's gone stupid with the amount of money he's trying ti drop into a bike that he don't use all of what it has already. I guess to each their own but id take that money
and buy a different bike

150 whp is not really possible on a 600 na. Nitrous or turbo easy. A gsxr 750 can make 150 whp na with motor work. Hey if he wants to make a 600 fast let him. It will surprise a lot of people. I have thought about buying a 600 and do simple stuff to make it faster. Since it’s hard for me to get any street races with my gen 1 Hayabusa.

After people in my area saw this video it’s been hard to get any races. He was spray a 40 plus shot against my na 1397.

150 whp is not really possible on a 600 na. Nitrous or turbo easy. A gsxr 750 can make 150 whp na with motor work. Hey if he wants to make a 600 fast let him. It will surprise a lot of people. I have thought about buying a 600 and do simple stuff to make it faster. Since it’s hard for me to get any street races with my gen 1 Hayabusa.

After people in my area saw this video it’s been hard to get any races. He was spray a 40 plus shot against my na 1397.

The Gen 2 is piped, spraying and still being left in the dust....you must have a serious, serious bike there.

Whoever is on that gen 2 doesn't know how to ride....

Saw the sneakers and knew the guy is a clown...oh and he rides like one too.

I figure the numbers to be exaggerated of course, on his current dyno sheets he's got 112. He was told if he goes with a mild cam, port and polish head, different thickness head gasket and he's wanting to bore it out he'd be able to add about 40hp. Of course im getting it all second hand but I know he talked to the same guy that flashed mine and a lot of members ecu so I do take it to be some truth to it but I also know he's reaching for something he probably ain't gonna get. I told him just do a 750 swap with some cans and head work and save the rest of the money for another bike but I guess that'd make too much sense:laugh:

I figure the numbers to be exaggerated of course, on his current dyno sheets he's got 112. He was told if he goes with a mild cam, port and polish head, different thickness head gasket and he's wanting to bore it out he'd be able to add about 40hp. Of course im getting it all second hand but I know he talked to the same guy that flashed mine and a lot of members ecu so I do take it to be some truth to it but I also know he's reaching for something he probably ain't gonna get. I told him just do a 750 swap with some cans and head work and save the rest of the money for another bike but I guess that'd make too much sense:laugh:
No surprise he has a passion to mod his bike...people do mods to all sorts of bikes.

It will always depend on what his goals are to how far to take modifications. Same as our mods for Busas, we have to gauge as to how much is enough to satisfy our wants and needs.

Back