Lowering for quarter mile.

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
I'm curious to know which is a better lowering option for the dragstrip (launching). Lowering only the front by 2" or lowering the front AND rear by 2".

I'm asking because lowering only the front will shift the bike's center of gravity to the front helping to prevent wheelies plus it will allow the pilot to lean further forward also allowing him/her to naturally assist with the wheelie prevention. But lowering the front and rear will lower the bike's center of gravity overall.

I'm sure both will help with the launches, but I was wondering which would help more.

The Professor would be the one to ask this too ! Along with tire pressures with the weight change ! I would assume your going to loose a lot of traction by just dropping the front, so to compensate I would also assume you need to lower the tire pressure in the rear  
wink.gif

But, then I don't know, I was a road racer  
beerchug.gif

(DaCol. @ May 12 2007,18:52) The Professor would be the one to ask this too ! Along with tire pressures with the weight change ! I would assume your going to loose a lot of traction by just dropping the front, so to compensate I would also assume you need to lower the tire pressure in the rear  
wink.gif

But, then I don't know, I was a road racer  
beerchug.gif
Good point. I didn't take traction into consideration.

Back