Lowering bike? Rear fender too ugly to stay?

turbojonn

Registered
I'm on the fence about lowering. I don't do any carving so all I'm really worried about is dragging the sides under normal high speed sweepers, (in other words on-ramps that are curved) and front fender/fairing contact when I hit bumps.
Do you think the rear fender the size of a tractor trailers should go? Maybe it's not that noticable? Let me know what you think.

DSCF0004.jpg

well mine is on the third hole right now in the rear and in this pic it is straped down about a inch. I will be ordering a lowering triple from goldenchild here soon. Im about 185 with gear and i have never bottemed out.

Rear fender/undertail definitely needs to go. Unless you hit a lot of bumps or carry some large people most undertails will support lowering the bike about 1 - 2". Others, particularly the one from the MotorHead, allow you to drop 3 or more inches with 3-hole dogbones or adjustable lowering links. Very nice lookin' bike, BTW!

You might think about a undertail for sure. We have a sale on the fully adjustable lowering links right now.

turbojonn .... I have said this once and I'll say it again .....

The 99 Copper Busa IS/WAS THE BENCHMARK by which all performance bikes that follows it are measured ... It is IMO the "original" .. the one bike that started it all ... Absolutely my favorite bike ever !!!

WHAT A GORGEOUS BIKE

bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

with out the rear fender, it's a little long but will give you a idea.  This is a friends bike.

<!--EDIT|rpm9001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132355980 -->

It looks like the mudd flap has got to go. I agree...fuglly and doesn't belong. One inch in front and middle hole in rear look like the way to go. Although the tird hole looks sweet too. I'll post again when I get it done. Thank you all so much for your replies and pics. I love this site!

I got a 900 pound rear coil from Trac and set my rebound to the softest setting. w/o undertail I have never bottemed out. I do have a Motorhead undertail coming and I am lowered 1.5 front and 2.5 rear.

I just ordered heavier springs for the front shocks 2 days ago. I will most likely set those to softest settings aswell and never worry about front fender hitting either.

My handling with a 900 pound coil is great. Feels stock, and no jerky jumps either. +1

I thank Cloud9 for showing my the path to Trac

Back