Lowering and wheelie question

Jace

Registered
ok i just lowered the busa with the 3 hole bones in the back and set it to the middle setting and added the 1" risers and lowered the front 1" so i guess it should be 1" lower in the front and 2" in the rear.

when i took out for test ride tried to pull wheel up and had no luck several times nad could just barley get the wheel off the ground before i did not have this problem ? shouldnt it be easier to wheelie with the back lower than the front
rock.gif

any ideas ?

Not much i can say about lowering, but...

If you REALLY want to do wheelies easily, go with 16/41 gear the front wheel comes up easy as pie, I did a wheelie on accident a few min. after i got mine, wasnt a good thing, but the words "effortless wheelies" comes to mind.

First things first, don't practice wheelies on a lowered bike. Ones you lower the bike it will be a little harder to wheelie, most people lower them so the front will stay down. My bike is lowered 2" in the rear and 3/4 up front, I have no problem getting it up. Oh but I have a 1397 and 17/42 gearing
tounge.gif

Lowering it will not help wheelies... PH05 is correct. People will lower it normally to help with the holeshot (i.e. keep the front DOWN) during 1/4 mile runs.

ok i just lowered the busa with the 3 hole bones in the back and set it to the middle setting and added the 1" risers and lowered the front 1" so i guess it should be 1" lower in the front and 2" in the rear.

when i took out for test ride tried to pull wheel up and had no luck several times nad could just barley get the wheel off the ground before i did not have this problem ? shouldnt it be easier to wheelie with the back lower than the front
rock.gif

any ideas ?
jace, who nad?

dezzy i used the reaper riser 1" and raised the fork up to match the tripple clamp was about 1" lower in the front and i think is 2" on the middle hole on the bones on back.

did not think it would make it harder to bring the front wheel up ? wanted it to be lower so i could stand flat footed guess i could always change the front sprocket if i wanted to do wheelies ? guess since i do not do them much would not be much loss ?? just like being to do them at will ....hehe

First things first, don't practice wheelies on a lowered bike. Ones you lower the bike it will be a little harder to wheelie, most people lower them so the front will stay down.  My bike is lowered 2" in the rear and 3/4 up front, I have no problem getting it up. Oh but I have a 1397 and 17/42 gearing
tounge.gif
Correctomundo

Just give it some gas man !!!!
Mine's lowered 1" in front, 4" in back, and strecthed 8" . It will still wheelie.Just give her hell.
muscle.gif
muscle.gif
muscle.gif
muscle.gif

muscle.gif

muscle.gif

muscle.gif

Back