Lowering advice much needed ... New Busa owner here.

BlackBoosah07

Registered
Hello! Just bought a 2007 Busa and I want to drop it first off. I was wondering if anyone could offer me some knowledge and advice into what I should do to do so. I see there is two options, 1. Front Block Riser and Lowering Links or 2. Front Spacers and Lowering Links. What is better and why? Eventually want to stretch her out and put a 240mm or 300mm fat tire on her. Any advice will be appreciated. I want to drop her as low as I can.

you should go with a top clamp replacement (JCS or other) for the front, better than spacers as spacers are limited and don't look too great in my opinion. Then lowering links in the back.. depends how low you want to go.

You may need to cut your forks if you're going to go too low, otherwise the suspension travel will hit the fairings excessively. Depends what your goal is!

Thanks camaroguy72. Yeah I want to go as low as I can without cutting the forks. I was just wondering really what was better the spacers or top clamp block.

get the top clamp. It's cleaner and they aren't too expensive either.. you can find nice ones here in the classifieds, from site sponsors, or ebay.

As far as lowering links, don't get cheap ones. They are most likely made of inferior metal. I good set of adjustable ones would be best if you plan on making changes down the road. Just adjust them to your needs. I have a set on my bike going on 8-9 years.

Those two links are the only thing holding up your rear and well if they break, it will be almost guaranteed to be under stress. Not exactly the best time to break.

Top clamp is a better route then spacers. Just pick one that appeals to you and check reviews on them. Some might give you issues of handle bars hitting the faring while turning. But that also depends on how low you go. If you look at your stock top clamp you can see how the bars overlap the fork location. An aftermarket lowering clamp moves your bars forward to make room for the forks to pass through.

Get a good top clamp. Do your self a favor and do the research to find one that wont have fitment issues. I have one from ransom machine. Works perfect and clears and full lock. A set of dog bones in the rear and your off. Dont stress over quality/safety just buy from a reputable shop and not off an ebay only seller.

Get a good top clamp. Do your self a favor and do the research to find one that wont have fitment issues. I have one from ransom machine. Works perfect and clears and full lock. A set of dog bones in the rear and your off. Dont stress over quality/safety just buy from a reputable shop and not off an ebay only seller.

always remember to pay for quality and a reputable name in the bike world just for peace of mind. Its only your life ridding on two wheels

Back