Lowered the front of Green Lantern

CAT3

Donating Member
Registered
The coloring really doesn't come out to well in pics, maybe with Guclu's camera it would
smile.gif
Anyway, the color is actually a candy color, Pyscho Lime. It has of course the lime, but a slight golden hue over it. Almost a perfect match for the decals I got from Glen (KennyMac on here/ Thundercomposites) with Green lantern in the Kanji. And yes in this close up you'll see my buddy accidently scratched it...it was still warm when installed it, and the extension with allen socket slipped..will fix it later.
Link Removed

We only lowered it I think about 3/4 to 1" but you can definately see it's lower, thank God that part is done. Now I have to wait on the lowering kickstand before I can install the rear links.
Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

I've been trying to get a pic of the Decals, but w/o them on the Busa its kind of hard. Might sacrifice a decal or two so I can get some pics of the coloring.

The top clamp started as a Spencercycle plain billet piece. I did a quick glass bead on it, then powder coated it, baked it, second coat, and installed while it was still warm. Next time I'll wait til they parts are cooled off.

Charlie

My bike is lowered front and back, and still use the stock kick stand. Just did the kickstand mod to it and clearanced it a little extra, no problems.

(Shibumi @ Nov. 25 2006,19:45) My bike is lowered front and back, and still use the stock kick stand. Just did the kickstand mod to it and clearanced it a little extra, no problems.
Your talking the dremeling a deeper notch in the stand arm where it rests in the saddle? If so, might be lowering the rest tomorrow after work.

BTW, what is the order of holes in dropped links? Closest is stock, or end is stock? Guess it really doesn't matter that much since I just want it slightly lower I'll be using the middle hole.

(CAT3 @ Nov. 25 2006,21:51) BTW, what is the order of holes in dropped links?  Closest is stock, or end is stock?  Guess it really doesn't matter that much since I just want it slightly lower I'll be using the middle hole.
The longer the links, the lower the bike sits. So closest is stock.

CAT3 , your photos are very good no Guclu's camera needed
smile.gif
thanks for sharing
beerchug.gif

geez Cat, don't sacrifice any, I will post one of the mockups which show your detail. Never know, you might want that one later on. Which one do you want to show?

Kanji variation -
newkanjiglemail.jpg

Hump Decal -
superguy.jpg

Tank S -
Ss.jpg

I'd like too see the whole thing. Happy t-shirt wearing owner on the GL.
beerchug.gif

(KennyMac @ Nov. 26 2006,02:10) Kanji variation -
newkanjiglemail.jpg

Hump Decal -
superguy.jpg

Tank S -
Ss.jpg

I'd like too see the whole thing. Happy t-shirt wearing owner on the GL.
beerchug.gif
super.gif
great job man
bowdown.gif

I lowered my bike 1" front and rear.
I had an adjustable on it a first but didn't like it so i had the original cut down. I like it much better.

13.jpg

I knew someone done that, seen a post on it a long long time ago. There is a fabrication shop down the road a way I'll see if he can hook me up. Once cut and welded I'm thinking of powdercoating either gold or green as well. Hate to recoat it in High Gloss Black, but its always an option. Thanks for the posting pic Busa Dreamin.

Charlie

I like the green it is definetly different.

Kenny those grafix kick arse!!!

Back