Lowered Hayabusa

rabtech

Registered
First, the front end is lowered 2 1/2 inches. I have the top and bottem adjustments on the forks at the tightest setting ad I am still hitting the front fender. (What am I to do) Second, The back I have an adjustable dog bone on the rear and have it set to the 1 1/2 inch lower setting. It has lowered the frame closer to the ground. I have only scraped 1 time in a dip in the road but I an wondering how to tighten the rear up ( is it just the spanner on the shock) I figgure the screw you can turn is strictly the rebound adjustment. As you can see it is also stretched 6 inches. (lost my wheelie abiity) Any info on these quirks please advise me. I am thinking about having a steele plate on the bottem for protection if I cant get it a little stiffer. I weight 335 and I am 6'4". I could rarly ever hit 170 before i lowered it now I can go past the 185 on the speedometer. I dont know what the margin of error is but I still have 1/2 throttle left at 185 and I am only at 8000 RPM. I can hit it so easy now that I have lowered it. And it handles as good if not better. Thanks for the help in advance.

smallbusa_003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to keep for hitting the fender or bottoming out...You may need to raise the front a bit...I slam mind on the front when I go to the strip and I never have a problem with the fender getting hit...I weigh 250 and your weight is causing the bike to lower even more, I would think...

First, the front end is lowered 2 1/2 inches. I have the top and bottem adjustments on the forks at the tightest setting ad I am still hitting the front fender. (What am I to do) Second, The back I have an adjustable dog bone on the rear and have it set to the 1 1/2 inch lower setting. It has lowered the frame closer to the ground. I have only scraped 1 time in a dip in the road but I an wondering how to tighten the rear up ( is it just the spanner on the shock) I figgure the screw you can turn is strictly the rebound adjustment. As you can see it is also stretched 6 inches. (lost my wheelie abiity) Any info on these quirks please advise me. I am thinking about having a steele plate on the bottem for protection if I cant get it a little stiffer. I weight 335 and I am 6'4". I could rarly ever hit 170 before i lowered it now I can go past the 185 on the speedometer. I dont know what the margin of error is but I still have 1/2 throttle left at 185 and I am only at 8000 RPM. I can hit it so easy now that I have lowered it. And it handles as good if not better. Thanks for the help in advance.
Man, I don't think anybody weighing 335 lbs needs to be going 185 mph!
laugh.gif
Just kidding man. Welcome to the board!

Back