Lowered Busa is rubbing undertail!!

BigDawgZ28

Registered
I lowered my Busa last year and the tire keeps rubbing the undertail..Ive done a search for a better option and I kept reading about motorheads undertails but it also appears that he's not around..What are my best options?Thanks in advance.

you can always adjust your rear suspension or I believe you can buy an aftermarket one...

How far did you lower it? What size tire do you have on the back? I did mine last year but a 200/50/17 + 2in drop in the rear + me(280lbs) = a hole in my undertail. I had to raise it back up an inch and go with back to a 190/50. Also, you may need to lower the front if you haven't done so already to balance it out.

Don't they all rub when you lower them? I'd bet your front fender is now your fork travel stop on the front?

dunno.gif

I did a 2" in the rear an 1" in the front..I brought it back up to about
1 1/4" in the rear..I like the slammed look and I've seen the undertails that allow it..Just dont remember where Ive seen them

You can still find a MH tail around - do a search on SH.org. But ... not sure that's what you want. I did this option and you can lower it a LONG ways, but you give up most of your trunk. The MH tail is basically flush with the bottom of your subframe.

Just adjust the springs for your weight. Tighten the rear spring about 2-3full turns to compensate.

Catalyst undertails are very similar to motorheads.
they look the same...I hope they aren't. TMH design is junk.

I had no problem on my 2000 busa. I don't know if they had some bad batches or what.
I had no problem on my 2000 busa. I don't know if they had some bad batches or what.
molds change and deform the more you use them

depending on process, not allowing proper dry time or making them dry too fast causes them to shrink.

units have seen have been short in many places and had severe resin pooling.

lowered 2  front 2 back 2 turns on the rear spring  im 180 and my ho is 108  havent  rubbed ..
I weigh almost as much as you and your ho (your words not mine lol) combined..Maybe its the undertail I bought..It doesnt rub in the center only on the sides
that would've been the first generation "motorhead" unit. Second one was wider.
I dont have a motorhead undertail..I got mine from 58cycle..I wasnt even considering lowering my bike when I bought the undertail..We even checked to make sure the tire wasnt hitting when we lowered it..I bounced on the seat to see how much room I had..I guees the weight shift when you get on the throttle was enough to get it to hit.

I just wanted to thank all of you again..I dont post much but I do lurk a lot..All of you have been very helpful when Ive needed it

Back