Lowered bike question

nader454

Registered
Ok guys, my question is with the bike lowered are your legs more cramped? Took my new to me 05 to the strip and kept missing 2nd gear. I couldn't determine if it was me or the transmission. I was leaning towards me, anxious, uncomfortable etc.

I felt like ergonomicly I was more folded up and possibly screwing it up. My buddy argued that's not possible, the seat to peg distance is the same. The swing arm to tail is lowering. I understand that logic with my head, but my body disagrees. So am l alone?

Btw best pass of the night...
10.64@135.99
2.0 60'...yeah embarrassing but looking forward to more seat time to improve!

change anything and you can have it distract you. Sometimes I get on the bike and nothing feels right when I start to ride. Usually goes away in a few miles. If your bike is street legal, maybe you should just ride it a little to adjust yourself to the lower stance, assuming you haven't done this already.

The seat to peg distance didn't change but the ground to shifter distance did. Could be throwing off your timing. Like fallenarch said ride it until you get used to it.

Nothing different once your feet are on the pegs. But the distance you lift your feet is different. You might want to try the Buel peg mod. You only pick up about an inch. But it's noticable. And they're a little more comfortable while riding...

You guys are probably right, but I need to get one of those angle finder-protractor things they have at the physical therapist office to verify hip, knee, ankle angle before I'm 100% convinced hahaha.

Likely the full leathers, different boots, hot & sweatyness, contributed more. I am a little concerned because l don't miss gears 50% on the street, but I also don't frequently shift at Wot, redline1st-2nd gear between stoplights.

Back