lower the rear 2inch

bradsbusa

Registered
i lowered the front 1 3/4 and did the kickstand mod if i lower the back 2 inches which ithink would be the middle hole on the dog bones i just bought and polished will i still be able to use my stock kickstand

bike4.JPG

I don't think so. Lower it and see if the bike is standing basically straight up. If so get an adjustable or cut stand. If you're gonna be up and down with it the adjustable would be the route to go or keep the stocker.

When Busas fall they really go boom.

I lowered mine about 2 inches and everything was fine ... for about two days. On day three it fell over in the driveway. On day four I bought an adjustable kickstand.

BTW - very nice looking bike - love the polishing.

Answer = NO!
My girl's Busa is lowered 2 inches front and rear. She still has the stock kickstand which the shop bent a bit so that the bike can lean over. She had this done nearly a year ago and to this day I still get nervous when I see her bike sitting nearly upright. As a matter of fact, if she turns the wheel to the right while the kickstand is down, the bike WILL fall over to the right. I know many of us don't park that way, but I'm just making a point.

Do yourself a favor and get and adjustable kickstand if you plan on lowering the rear.

Same drop on mine and it has been fine with a GOOD "kickstand mod"

Back