Lower foot pegs

ThunderJohn

Registered
I am purchasing some lower foot pegs by knight design. Has anyone tried these? Anyone ever use the 2" drop? When your riding in the corners do they tend to scape a lot? For people with lower footpegs how much if any and how difficult was it to move your footpegs and brakes.

Buell pegs drop an' inch and are about 1 MM from resting on the pipes.

I rode yesterday with the Buells they are going to scrape on my next ride. (scuffing in new tires)

If you dont use the last 1/4 to 3/8 in. of tire,Buells are OK.

A 2 inch peg drop...I would guess you wont get to the last 3/4 inch of tire,maybe more.

RSD.

I'm interested in the clearance of these pegs too, not ground clearance, but pipe clearance...

I quit caring about chicken strips when I grew up and just started enjoying my ride.. :whistle:

I'm interested in the clearance of these pegs too, not ground clearance, but pipe clearance...

I quit caring about chicken strips when I grew up and just started enjoying my ride.. :whistle:

True enough Bots. But I'm a cheap bastid...I want to use my whole tire. :laugh:

RSD.

True enough Bots. But I'm a cheap bastid...I want to use my whole tire. :laugh:

RSD.

I understand. I'm a firm believer in the fact that if you are using all of your tire on the street, you aren't leaving any room for "what ifs." Some day you're gonna be in a corner, and can't lean over any further, and you'll need to..

Plus, I'm old, fat, and slow. Most of the problem is that...

I didn't use that particular brand, and the pic shows the drop and proximity to the pipe on mine. Per your question, I can drag the front outside part of my left foot on a very hard turn. A lot depends on how wide your foot is too. Mine is a 17 regular. For some reason, I can't drag the right side, but most likely that's because I am left handed and left turns are more natural.

Another factor is the height of your ride. Mine was lowered and I raised it back up 3/4'' in the back, but it's still way lower than stock. I got tired of having to dodge even the smallest of ripples in the asphalt before I raised it. The ones in the pic are strong. I am 310 and tried to break them after I put them on and couldn't. They will take more than my knees will.

FWIW, If you can stand getting ribbed over a seat, add some foam to it. That changes the distance to the pegs and makes it easier to swing my feet up and on them. It's a comfort thing, but style wise, probably not the best. It's easy enough to swap a seat for long rides if that bothers you though.

newpegs.jpg

Good points would like to have the extra. I usually just ride but I have my moments about like to lean it. I also have a size 16 and hit those on the ground enough.

I am also interested in lowering my pegs. I put the SV650 dogbones in that raised my bike about 2" in the rear. It made the steering more responsive (it felt a bit sluggish stock compared to my older GSXR) I use all but about an 1/8 of an inch of my rear tire, when I am riding hard with my friends. I have only dragged a peg a few times with the rear raised, but with my knees I would love to lower the pegs an inch. Has anyone else used this setup of raising the rear and lowering the pegs? I am 6'4" tall and have a 14 foot so I have caught my foot a few more times than I like. BTW damn what is up with Busa riders and big feet. Geez I thought I had some big feet 16 and 17 WTH LOL

Race I would be interested in how you raised the rear. I would like to do that to mine. Do you have a pic. I will post some pics of my pegs when I get them on the bike.

Thunder,
If you buy Suzuki SV650 dogbones and replace your factory ones with these, it lifts the back end up about 1 1/2 - 2". I did notice the increased steering angle and I liked it. I am also 6'4" tall so the height was too low for me in stock form. Changing these is a very simple job. The connect the shock to the swingarm and even though the difference seems very small, it ends up being more at the end of the swingarm.

Just put my pegs on. They are 1 inch drop but you get about 1.5 inches. I have only put 5 miles but it feels good. Need to adjust the shifter possobly. Really pleased with the quality and look. I will post some pics when I take some again.

Here is a shot of the pegs. Rode to work and home with them and they were great. Still might adjust the shifter but I am giving it another day or two to see if I just get used to it.

9C28A33B-1F45-429E-B0E6-8EE0E78BE542-4874-000003A4456463FE_zpsba49f1ab.jpg

Here is a shot of the pegs. Rode to work and home with them and they were great. Still might adjust the shifter but I am giving it another day or two to see if I just get used to it.

9C28A33B-1F45-429E-B0E6-8EE0E78BE542-4874-000003A4456463FE_zpsba49f1ab.jpg

Which pegs are they? I bought a set of lowering swiveling pegs from twistedthrottle.com but they set my feet out too far to reach the shifter without being seriously pidgeon toed. Do yours do the same thing?

I'm too lazy to read all the post but, my main problem was adjusting the shifter when I put my buell pegs on. I put it where I wanted it with the bike in the garage on the kickstand and after sitting on it with all my gear on and starting the bike, realized that the bike wouldn't go in 1st because the shifter was hitting the kickstand :banghead:

Back