Lower Alabama Trip Synopsis

Rayabusa0818

Never Forgotten
I Left Fort Oglethorpe GA on the Busa at 5:30 P.M (EDT). Thursday. I made two stops on the way the first in Asheville AL and the second in Greeneville AL. The grandbaby arrived while I was somewhere between Asheville and Greeneville:)

I arrived in Mobile around 11:00 P.M. (CDT) so I had to wait until Friday Morning to meet Lilly...

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/112270-introducing-lilly.html

Friday afternoon Randy and Dawn came to visit and we had lunch at McAllisters which was conveniently located across the street from the Hospital:)

Saturday was more time at the hospital and a late afternoon getaway to the beach at Dauphin Island with Brittany's (the new mom) father and stepmother. Of course there was a visit to the infamous swings included:)

On Sunday I went riding with Randy

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...112379-i-went-early-morning-ride-la-busa.html

and then mom and baby got to come home from the hospital.

Today it was the ride home. I followed Sherry in the Saturn and we left Mobile at 6:00 A.M. (CDT). We stopped in Evergreen AL for breakfast and Gadsden AL for gas. We made it home to Sale Creek at exactly 2:00P.M. (EDT)

The ride today was 451 miles in seven hours. The total trip was 1,016 miles or 1,058 if you count the ride to work Thursday morning.

It was a very exciting weekend to say the least. I guess you only become a grandfather for the first time once in a lifetime:)

Now I have to figure out what to do about Doc and Jules' party this weekend. I have to say it looks pretty iffy right now, but who knows???

DSC00291.jpg

DSC00298.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

I just talked to Semi about this run... He's hoping you can make it. I told him if I would have known sooner possibly I could have made it.. You know how I love them 1800 to 2500 mile wkends..

I say jump on the Busa and Grip It and Rip It.. :thumbsup:

I just talked to Semi about this run... He's hoping you can make it. I told him if I would have known sooner possibly I could have made it.. You know how I love them 1800 to 2500 mile wkends..

I say jump on the Busa and Grip It and Rip It.. :thumbsup:

But Doyle, you're not old and give out like me:)

guys, i wouldn't meeting up with you, i'm off this week, and i live in daphne, looks like you were in blakely park, right by me..great pics..saw some of the causeway and dauphin island too!:welcome: and:beerchug:

guys, i wouldn't meeting up with you, i'm off this week, and i live in daphne, looks like you were in blakely park, right by me..great pics..saw some of the causeway and dauphin island too!:welcome: and:beerchug:

Contact LA Busa, you are probably neighbors:)

Don you have a few days to rest up :whistle:. :whistle:Doyle you still have 3days to get things ready.

Daphne citizen here also!

Don, it's always a pleasure seeing y'all. :cheerleader:

Nice goat, Don!!

Right smart looking yougin too! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

will do Don, afternoon thunderstorm took out my internet, back up now, will send pm..:welcome: to L.A. :beerchug:

Don you have a few days to rest up :whistle:. :whistle:Doyle you still have 3days to get things ready.

I wish Darrel.. We are out doing the truckin' thing and probably won't be in until Friday sometime..

But no chance of making it your way.. Thanks for the offer though.

Lily what a beautiful baby girl...Grats to the family and to Grand Pa and Grand Ma. Wardie

Now I have to figure out what to do about Doc and Jules' party this weekend. I have to say it looks pretty iffy right now, but who knows???

great pics as usual bro :beerchug:

btw, you have to make it this weekend.........i mean, how many chances do you actually get to see me in swimming trunks? :whistle: ok, sorry i scared you but you have to come anyway :laugh:

great pics as usual bro :beerchug:

btw, you have to make it this weekend.........i mean, how many chances do you actually get to see me in swimming trunks? :whistle: ok, sorry i scared you but you have to come anyway :laugh:

I'm afraid I can't work it out for this weekend, see you guys in September:)

Last edited:
Back