low speed stuttering

rocketbusa

Registered
Hi all im from the uk hope some one can help i have 05 busa 8000 miles on the clock parked in my sitting room for 2 months decided to take it for ride it started up fine went to a garage to fuel up every thing seems fine about a mile down the road then i open up the trottle doing about 130 mph all seem ok then i slow down 50 mph then it starts to stutter if i open her up again seems all ok again untill i slow down it wont idle and it cuts out im thinking bad fuel contaminated maybe? im going to drain the fuel and carb bowl and try again replace spark plugs and replace air filter, any other tips you guys can give would be very gratefull. thanks

Go ahead and drain the fuel...fill it up with some fresh fuel and some fuel injection cleaner and give it another try. You don't have carbs...so there are no fuel bowls.

I have the same problem with my 02 busa. I put fresh gas in but it did not solve the issue. Any ideas? Does any one know if the fuel cleaners/additives really work?

Thanks

I used to use Seafoam in my mustang, but never tried it in my busa. Be sure and use a fuel stabilizer if you plan to park her for a while. Welcome to the oRg guys.

I have a 15 tooth sprocket that I have from my bandit. I found out this will fit the busa. Will this help performance (acceleration) or just screw up my speedometer and gas mileage? ???

Last edited:
I have a 15 tooth sprocket that I have from my bandit. I found out this will fit the busa. Will this help performance (acceleration) or just screw up my speedometer and gas mileage? ???

Don't use it on a Busa...too much torque and it will strip of the teeth, stress out the chain too...

Same stuttering problem here on 02 busa, when it heats up, it doesn't work at all. I changed fuel pump, every filter is clean, still fcking my brains. Has anyone ever got rid of the problem?

bump im having this same problem and cant find any threads on it. some body plz come help lol. i have a 2000 busa where the fuel pump is on the frame. can i get away with just cleaning the filter and the mesh screen?????????????? help plz!!!

What is done to bike? A Lil more detail might help. I would thing air and/or fuel filter change check plugs might even be bad fuel. Does the bike have a power commander. Have you put the bike into dealer mode to check for codes? I had my injectors cleaned professionally and that helped out alot.

hi guys! I am the one of who can understand you well. I have a '99 stock busa and I tried to solve the same problem about 1 year: low rpm stutther! I had no error code as usual.
I changed fuel pump, vacuum lines, air filter, and spark coils. I cleaned the injectors with a special machine, used seafoam and others but nothing changed! Checked sensors with replacing to another busa, checked almost all the voltages. Everything was normal but the problem was still there! :badpc:
Then I bought a cheap T.R.E. on ebay(18 USD) and 1 week ago I plugged it in . A magic wand touched my Busa... My problem fixed "TOTALLY", it cames me like a brand new bike. And I tested it about 1000 km in one week . I hope you can fix your problems. Please make me know for further information if you need. :thumbsup:

Back