Low side in Germany.

Jasper

Registered
Hi Guys. My most recent off happened on a hairpin in the Mosell valley region of Germany. Myself and a couple of buddies were on the second day of a 5 day tour of Belgium and Germany. I had just congratulated myself on successfully negotiating a right hand hairpin when the a left hand hairpin was fast approaching. I was probably over cooking it by about 10 to 15 mph, but was convinced i could still make it around the corner. With the bike cranked over and everything looking good the front end slipped away on some gravel at the edge of the road. The rest as they say is history. Hurt pride and Bike more than anything else. Let it rent space in my head for a an hour so, but what can you do. There was no way it was going to spoil my trip. Picture below of the damage and photo of a hairpin similar to the one i had the off on.

European Trip 136.jpg

European Trip 118.jpg

I'm glad you're mostly OK... sorry about the bike. Hope you can have it fixed.

Was wondering... what are those pads on the side of your fuel tank? Was looking for something to reduce vibration on my inner thighs while riding... those look like they may do the trick.

Good luck with the bike...that was quite a turn.

I'm glad you're mostly OK... sorry about the bike. Hope you can have it fixed.

Was wondering... what are those pads on the side of your fuel tank? Was looking for something to reduce vibration on my inner thighs while riding... those look like they may do the trick.

Good luck with the bike...that was quite a turn.

The pads you see are part of the tank cover made by Bagster purpose built for the Busa. I do a lot trips and it helps protect the gas tank from damage.

glad you and the bike were both able to continue the trip, hope you can get her fixed up soon :beerchug:

i too am glad your ok. Could have been a lot worse for sure.

The pads you see are part of the tank cover made by Bagster purpose built for the Busa. I do a lot trips and it helps protect the gas tank from damage.

Thanks, man. I'm going to check into one of these... but better, still, would be some sort of gel pad. Vibration starts bugging my legs after awhile, but I've not done anything more than about 50 miles so far.

Back