Low Price Shinko 009's

Crunch1

Registered
Found these on Ebay...A set or just a rear. Cant beat that price. I just ordered the rear, I got 9k on mine now.:thumbsup:

Screen.jpg

Screen2.jpg

do you like the shinkos? im iffy on them really... i have them on my bike now and im afraid to dive into any corners and such...

That's a pretty good deal. I'll be lookin to buy rubber for my baby pretty soon.
I have a Shinko on the back right now and it seems to be OK.

Hey Russel, I ride the hell out of my bike here in Northern Va with plenty of backroad twisties & I have taken it to West Va several times and did the Dragon once & a trackday with them.You can drag a knee with them for sure. They just take some getting use to.

+1 I am running the 005's right now and have no complaints. Haven't got a knee down with them, but they seem to do very well. Almost 2000 miles on them so far.

derbycles go to their wesite or 502-633-7100
cheapest tires on the planet,,I just 3 weeks ago bought a set of Michlen Pilot Powers [Z rated ] for 110.00 for the rear and 73 bucks for the front and EBC sinistered brakes for the front at 29 bucks a set ,,45 elsewhere,,they have a huge selection on everything ,,,includeing tires and slicks,,I had a friend turn me on to them,,,,,no matter how little the sale,,there is no tax,,and free Fedex shippting ground to your door,,,,My nearest dealer wanted 185 b4taxes and no install ,,just for the rear Michlen,,,,I like them,,they ride nice cushy ,,different rubber on the bottom and on the sides for the twisties,,They have a map of the rubber on their site,,I bought that same tire 3 yrs ago,,everyone talked about it,,,rode nice,,and hooks real good,,and I got about 4400 out of it,,,,so for the price of a back tire at the dealer,,I bought the matching set and brake pads for about the same price,,,I was only looking for a rear tire,,[tight budget],,but for those prices and free fedex shipping and no tax,,,,Im In,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BTW the Miclen IMO,,is alot better than a dunlop,,and its a nice cushy ride,,feels like new shocks,,,the original brigestone,,I could feel every pebble,,andI didnt feel comfortable,,leaning it either,,,,youll love the selection,,,,,,,,,,PS,they sell alot of other goodies,,,enjoy,,,,good guys to talk to on the phone and guide you too,,,and ships the same dayand they have the shinkos real cheap too,,,but I like the integrity of the michlens Preferable myself....and after you look at the ebay tire and factor in the shipping you can up grade to a better tire for the same price,,,,numerous brands to choose from,,I just persoanally realy like the performance that i get out of the michlens

Last edited:
I got the 009 on right now with about 5000 miles on them. They ride real good on the street, but I have not done any track days yet. I would like to try the 010 or 011 next.

Sounds like a good deal to me.:cheerleader:..I believe that's what I'm running now...my buddy Snakeyes hates em though:laugh:

do you like the shinkos? im iffy on them really... i have them on my bike now and im afraid to dive into any corners and such...

I love my 009 Raven's. I'm on my 3rd set now. Getting 7,000+ to a rear! :thumbsup:

I've been to the Dragon 3 times with 'em... Eureka Springs this year... Don't be afraid:

puck1.jpg

puck1.jpg

i could get pirelli angel st set for 240... i think ill pay the 60 extra for complete peace of mind... unless someone can like swear to me the performance of them? like in dry and wet conditions

cheapest tires on the planet,,I just 3 weeks ago bought a set of Michlen Pilot Powers [Z rated ] for 110.00 for the rear and 73 bucks for the front and EBC sinistered brakes for the front at 29 bucks a set ,,45 elsewhere,,they have a huge selection on everything ,,,includeing tires and slicks,,I had a friend turn me on to them,,,,,no matter how little the sale,,there is no tax,,and free Fedex shippting ground to your door,,,,My nearest dealer wanted 185 b4taxes and no install ,,just for the rear Michlen,,,,I like them,,they ride nice cushy ,,different rubber on the bottom and on the sides for the twisties,,They have a map of the rubber on their site,,I bought that same tire 3 yrs ago,,everyone talked about it,,,rode nice,,and hooks real good,,and I got about 4400 out of it,,,,so for the price of a back tire at the dealer,,I bought the matching set and brake pads for about the same price,,,I was only looking for a rear tire,,[tight budget],,but for those prices and free fedex shipping and no tax,,,,Im In,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BTW the Miclen IMO,,is alot better than a dunlop,,and its a nice cushy ride,,feels like new shocks,,,the original brigestone,,I could feel every pebble,,andI didnt feel comfortable,,leaning it either,,,,youll love the selection,,,,,,,,,,PS,they sell alot of other goodies,,,enjoy,,,,good guys to talk to on the phone and guide you too,,,and ships the same dayand they have the shinkos real cheap too,,,but I like the integrity of the michlens Preferable myself....and after you look at the ebay tire and factor in the shipping you can up grade to a better tire for the same price,,,,numerous brands to choose from,,I just persoanally realy like the performance that i get out of the michlens

you'll HAVE to call them. their site searches only yami parts:whistle:

I did a small thread on them a few weeks back, got mine from Pinwall myself.
Great tires for everyday riding, not quite as grippy as for example my Metzeler M3s, but still very good. Plus everybody seems to agree that they get great milage.
Will buy them again.
tires.jpg

front.jpg

rear.jpg

Russell,I really dont know what else to say. omslaw pictures tells the story itself. Honestly, get whats gives you peace of mind, because all in all, you need to feel comfortable with whats underneath you. I know from my experience that these tires are good for track & street, and like I stated earlier, I ride the hell out of my bike with no tire issue. Whatever you get, keep us posted.

i didnt read his post before i wrote my last one. thats pretty convincing....

i think im just stuck on why they are cheap. and the name brand of pirelli. thats all i ever had on my bikes until i bought this one and it had shinkos on it...

If i did buy these i probly would ride the hell out of them cause they are so cheap. Probly more enjoyment...

Last edited:
A lot of people already know this, buy just FYI, Shinko is basically the old Yokohama motorcycle tire division.

i cant find their brake pads ???

I have them on my bike now. They are awesome. I love the grip they give me in the curves. I have not carved any mountain yet but I will in the next few months. Great tires for the money.:thumbsup:

Back