Low MPH again?

Ft Campbell Busa

Registered
Just got in from the local midnight madness 1/8th track. Can anyone tell me why my mph seems lower than other stockers? I have stock exhaust, 16/42, extended 6in, strap, clutch mod, lowered 2'' front, 1''rear, shinko at 11.5 pounds tonight. We dont get time slips but I ran consistent 6.64-6.71 all at 108mph in the 1/8th. I ran only 111mph@ 6.66 the other week at another track and 10.2 @135 in the 1/4 mile with 21pounds and only mid pipes (no cans). My 60ft there was in the 1.7s (yeah I know) but I got the clutch mod this week and it definitely helps.
I noticed tonight that I got a big holeshot on another Busa but he caught me and got the win light with his slower 6.8 112 to my 6.64 at 108. I did out weigh him at 210 suited at least! He may have weighed 165? I also shift between 10.5 and 11K. Thanks

Might be my weight (165lbs) but I cross at 115mph. My quickest time is a 6.81 with a 1.9 60ft
crazy.gif
. I now have a 16T and Brock's clutch mod on the bike but I haven't ran it with those mods yet. At the time I ran the 6.81 all I had was Brock's Hindle, PC, and lowered 3" front and rear and it was my 3rd time at the strip.

I'm just throwing that out there as a reference, but to answer your "mph" question ... you should try bumping up your psi. I ran that pass I mentioned at 18psi.

Thanks, I did a few searches on here and other sites with some others asking the same thing, lol. I may be shifting my bike to high from what I read. I shift between 10,500-11,000 but read to shift at 10k instead on a stocker.

I don't know about that. 10k seems rather early to me. I shift like you .. between 10.5 and 11.

You have decent times for a "stocker".   Why are you running 11 lbs in the Shinko?  Your're getting some drag there --  I think that is too low for your HP.  I run 20-22.

IMO - you have a good bike setup,  but your 60' is what is keeping you back.  Launch harder and slip the clutch.

You don't need a big burn with the Shinko - it only makes it greasy.  I hit the water box and do a very light burn to clean the crap off...and then move to the dry stuff and do some several more quick clutch drops to get the tire tacky.  

A lot of guys/gals LOOK stock...but they ain't!!
wink.gif
Lots of places on the busa to hide stuff.

Also, stay in the groove where it is stickey compound is.

(McyMike @ Aug. 13 2007,07:flamethrowing:) You have decent times for a "stocker".   Why are you running 11 lbs in the Shinko?  Your're getting some drag there --  I think that is too low for your HP.  I run 20-22.

IMO - you have a good bike setup,  but your 60' is what is keeping you back.  Launch harder and slip the clutch.

You don't need a big burn with the Shinko - it only makes it greasy.  I hit the water box and do a very light burn to clean the crap off...and then move to the dry stuff and do some several more quick clutch drops to get the tire tacky.  

A lot of guys/gals LOOK  stock...but they ain't!!  
wink.gif

Thanks for the advice! I had to run the 11psi to get her to hook at the local track which is pretty slick. They do not put any VHT down for Midnight madness so I and everyone else spin there frequently. When I run at Bowling Green (Beechbend) 1/4 mile it is a different story. I had to air the bike to at least 21 psi and no burn out or it would bog. I just did the air box mod so maybe it will help. Thanks again.

(Ft Campbell Busa @ Aug. 13 2007,17:09)
(McyMike @ Aug. 13 2007,07
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) You have decent times for a "stocker".   Why are you running 11 lbs in the Shinko?  Your're getting some drag there --  I think that is too low for your HP.  I run 20-22.

A lot of guys/gals LOOK  stock...but they ain't!!  
wink.gif

Thanks for the advice! I had to run the 11psi to get her to hook at the local track which is pretty slick. They do not put any VHT down for Midnight madness so I and everyone else spin there frequently. When I run at Bowling Green (Beechbend) 1/4 mile it is a different story. I had to air the bike to at least 21 psi and no burn out or it would bog. I just did the air box mod so maybe it will help. Thanks again.
If your bogging your not slipping the clutch enough not giving it enough gas, or both. Are you going to be at Beech Bend Saturday? If weather isn't a problem I'll be there.
race.gif
Black 07 Busa streched and lowered w/ Muzzy street meg. I'm trying to beat my 9.99 @ 141 I got there a few weeks back on stock gears and tire. Now I got a 16 tooth front ( Still gotta put it on, looks fun!!),and a Shinko U/S, should be better. That was my first time into the 9s and now I'm hunting 9.8s or 7s
guns.gif

Got a 9.802 @ 140 sucks that I couldn't have gotten .003 less and been in the 9.7s still pretty happy with the runs though. I got 9 runs and all were less than 9.92 mosly low 9.80s. I did have a .000 and a .001 reaction and a 1.55 60 though.Did you go Ft Campell Busa?

(ShortBus @ Sep. 09 2007,02:28) Got a 9.802 @ 140 sucks that I couldn't have gotten .003 less and been in the 9.7s still pretty happy with the runs though. I got 9 runs and all were less than 9.92 mosly low 9.80s. I did have a .000 and a .001 reaction and a 1.55 60 though.Did you go Ft Campell Busa?
I did not run at Beechbend this weekend but I did get to run here at the local 1/8th mile. I have been running 6.5s consistently now. I am launching just above idle for now which allows me to get to full throttle much quicker. I was at Beechbend the week before last and my friend ran my bike for me. He went 6.3 and 9.86@140. It is in the "Busa went 9s owner went 10s tread". Good times BTW!

(Ft Campbell Busa @ Sep. 09 2007,18:41)
(ShortBus @ Sep. 09 2007,02:28) Got a 9.802 @ 140 sucks that I couldn't have gotten .003 less and been in the 9.7s still pretty happy with the runs though. I got 9 runs and all were less than 9.92 mosly low 9.80s. I did have a .000 and a .001 reaction and a 1.55 60 though.Did you go Ft Campell Busa?
I did not run at Beechbend this weekend but I did get to run here at the local 1/8th mile. I have been running 6.5s consistently now. I am launching just above idle for now which allows me to get to full throttle much quicker. I was at Beechbend the week before last and my friend ran my bike for me. He went 6.3 and 9.86@140. It is in the "Busa went 9s owner went 10s tread". Good times BTW!
When you say you ran the local 1/8 mile was that at Clarksville? I've never been there and would like to check it out. Do they run on Sat. or Sun? How much do they charge?

(ShortBus @ Sep. 11 2007,01:05)
(Ft Campbell Busa @ Sep. 09 2007,18:41)
When you say you ran the local 1/8 mile was that at Clarksville? I've never been there and would like to check it out. Do they run on Sat. or Sun? How much do they charge?
Local track is only 1/8th mile here and is open for bracket on Friday. We mostly run midnight madness on Friday after bracket. If some of you 5sec guys come on down you will clean house!

Back