Low Mileage Gen 1 for sale

Equals 8124.28 US Dollars.

That might happen in the states but I doubt it

I have found gen 2’s for cheaper and more mods. Nice bike but not worth the price IMO!
OK but this is totally un-molested, isn't that worth gold??
It's like going back in time and bringing the 2007 new Gen 1 into now, 2018.
An 11 year time bubble has gotta be worth something surely?

I like it , 1600 km ?? that is wild , but over 10 k AU , no , too much . AU $ 8000 max , still at the top price end , but realistic deal . Bike is in beautiful condition , excellent color scheme , I would like it for that price , and would be tempted to keep it unmolested . Really nice example though , and if you like Gen 1 the best , well you got a brand new example like you said Kiwi Rider . For a small market like NZ , the price is not unreasonable , maybe even good . But the bigger the market so price should come down , that's why the price I suggest , and then the huge market like USA , those buyers would be looking for an even better price . One thing though , not many Gen 1 in that low mile excellent condition in any market anywhere , so seller start high $ .

I like it , 1600 km ?? that is wild , but over 10 k AU , no , too much . AU $ 8000 max , still at the top price end , but realistic deal . Bike is in beautiful condition , excellent color scheme , I would like it for that price , and would be tempted to keep it unmolested . Really nice example though , and if you like Gen 1 the best , well you got a brand new example like you said Kiwi Rider . For a small market like NZ , the price is not unreasonable , maybe even good . But the bigger the market so price should come down , that's why the price I suggest , and then the huge market like USA , those buyers would be looking for an even better price . One thing though , not many Gen 1 in that low mile excellent condition in any market anywhere , so seller start high $ .

Hmmm... on one hand new Ohlins front and rear on my '99, on the other hand a near new Gen 1 in Black livery.... tough choice.
What would you do mate? Buy both? lol. (rich barstard lmao)

If your cashed up , both would be the best . Don't forget , the Gen 1 '99 will be the ultimate classic Gen 1 , but that newer example is in such nice condition and low km , that is also a potential classic . the times are a changing , we are being directed towards electric cars and driverless vehicles . No matter what , only a matter of time till special rego and licenses to own and ride such a bike IMO . You are old skool scratcher like myself I believe , spend the $ and make your Gen 1 unique , both on handling and also on the NZ continent . Me though , I just have a lot of $ tied up in 1 bike , and I would now like to have 2 for more spread $ value and ride options . You may find yourself feeling this way also bro , I do not know . Anyway the Ohlins suspension will be a revelation , not only on scratchers road , but deliver confidence inspiring and complete competence on all roads conditions and circumstances .

DSCF1179.JPG

DSCF1274.JPG

I tell you what we will do. We will time share it out and all of us will have a new bike for dirt cheap lol! :beerchug:
What a great idea!!
And the investors in this beautiful machine that live abroad from NZ (of course it will reside here in God's Own, the land of milk powder and Chinese tourists) will fly out to 'the Land Down Under' and tour this magnificent land of endless twisty roads with incredible scenery( and extinct Moa birds running around ) for a couple of weeks during our long warm, dry summers.
Accommodation will be provided by yours truly, (my daughter manages a chain of high end backpacker's lodges all over the country) and you foreigners, ooh, I mean 'Bike Tourists' will have the most Excellent holiday you have ever dreamed of, now doesn't that tickle your fancy??
I will have the paperwork ready ASAP, just PM me with details and I will PM you with my Account number.
Dreaming is a wonderful thing, and it's FREE!
Seriously though, it would be a great thing, but for the wealthy people only really.
Ten investors at US$1000 each, Flights and accomodation... approx US$2000, another $2000 for travel costs etc.... great holiday fairly cheap.
Insurance would be expensive and I would charge through the roof for servicing costs on the bike lol.
Thoughts?

If your cashed up , both would be the best . Don't forget , the Gen 1 '99 will be the ultimate classic Gen 1 , but that newer example is in such nice condition and low km , that is also a potential classic . the times are a changing , we are being directed towards electric cars and driverless vehicles . No matter what , only a matter of time till special rego and licenses to own and ride such a bike IMO . You are old skool scratcher like myself I believe , spend the $ and make your Gen 1 unique , both on handling and also on the NZ continent . Me though , I just have a lot of $ tied up in 1 bike , and I would now like to have 2 for more spread $ value and ride options . You may find yourself feeling this way also bro , I do not know . Anyway the Ohlins suspension will be a revelation , not only on scratchers road , but deliver confidence inspiring and complete competence on all roads conditions and circumstances .

View attachment 1579138

View attachment 1579139
Oh, the Ohlins is creating a desire deep in my consciousness and a yearning that cannot be ignored! (my attempt at poetry)

I could purchase that Black Gen 1 and store it properly for future opportunities, I can get the money at 4.15% and at 'interest only' that's like only $8.78 per week.
If I include the Ohlins suspenders (forks and shock) it's like $5.05 per week.
So, for $13.78 per week I can have my cake and eat it too.
I'm looking at Ebay USA and the shock is NZ$1979 incl taxes landed here, and the FGRT 30mm forks are NZ$4343 incl taxes plus freight.
Is it the FGRT 200 series I would need?
Of course I would then need calipers, hey do the '99 320mm rotors work with the radial caliper set up? Or would I need different rotors too?
My rotors are in great condition.
Hmmmmm.... my fingers on the button.
I'll talk to the the bank tomorrow.

Oh, the Ohlins is creating a desire deep in my consciousness and a yearning that cannot be ignored! (my attempt at poetry)

I could purchase that Black Gen 1 and store it properly for future opportunities, I can get the money at 4.15% and at 'interest only' that's like only $8.78 per week.
If I include the Ohlins suspenders (forks and shock) it's like $5.05 per week.
So, for $13.78 per week I can have my cake and eat it too.
I'm looking at Ebay USA and the shock is NZ$1979 incl taxes landed here, and the FGRT 30mm forks are NZ$4343 incl taxes plus freight.
Is it the FGRT 200 series I would need?
Of course I would then need calipers, hey do the '99 320mm rotors work with the radial caliper set up? Or would I need different rotors too?
My rotors are in great condition.
Hmmmmm.... my fingers on the button.
I'll talk to the the bank tomorrow.

What an excellent payment plan bro , very do able . Firstly , if you want the Gen 2 front end , then the FGRT208 30mm Ohlins are what you want , these are specifically for the Gen 2 . The rear shock , you can get the TTX36 latest Ohlins specifically for Hayabusa , will fit Gen 1 or 2 , but the thing Iwould check is if the battery location and tank braces and mounts remained the same from Gen 1 to 2 evolution . I cannot see why Suzuki would of changed this directly under seat area too much . We can check with pics comparison .
Your 320mm rotors will not swap over to Gen 2 radial front end , you will need 310mm Gen 2 specific rotors . Stockers , I'd look at new , but if too expensive go for something you like aftermarket . I am thinking T-Drive floating Brembo , apparently very noisey rattle , just like my Braketechs which I also reconmend , but full floaters are race noisey , and I for 1 like that crazy rattle .. The Braketech come in 2 sizes , 310mm and 330mm , and have 2 rotor material to choose from , stainless or dutile iron .
If you are looking for Gen 1 compatible Ohlins , to use Gen 1 set up , then be specific in your search bro . The rear TTX36 usually only comes up with Gen 2 search , because of newness . The SU046 top shelf pre- TTX36 model comes up for mostly for Gen 1 . I have had one on mine before swap to TTX and it has taken a little while to get the TTX to work as good as I had the SU046 . Don't worry , you soon get it all dialed in .
Go for it , once in a lifetime magnificent purchase , for that once in a lifetime motorcycle !!
Life is short , when you are old you can look back with fond memories of your canyon carving road runner !!
:thumbsup:

Nice one Roadtoad, you are a well of info, thanks so much.

"Go for it , once in a lifetime magnificent purchase , for that once in a lifetime motorcycle !!
Life is short , when you are old you can look back with fond memories of your canyon carving road runner !!"
Great advice, taken on board. :beerchug:

Back