Low mileage 2012 for $11K, or NEW 2007 for $8K

CWCobra

Registered
I had a 2007 for several years, but sold it last summer. Been missing a 'Busa, so am shopping again.
Am trying to decide between two prospects: a 3,000 mile 2012 model, for $11K, and a 2007 model with only 50 (fifty) miles for $8K. I love the colors of each, and money is not a major concern. Both are showroom stock; both are in perfect condition. I am a "mature" rider - eligible for SS later this year. I am not really concerned about the performance differential between the generation 1 and 2.

Any other considerations I should take into account?

Thanks for any feedback.

CW

For the money, I would purchase the 2012, the 07 may be priced a bit high. While both are great bikes, and having owned an 05 and now the 09, the Gen II is to me a better bike.

If money is no concern, I'd do the Gen2 just based on resale, and looks personally.

I don't know about comfort or anything between the two, I would assume ergos are unchanged between the two. I love my Gen2. ;)

Honestly the price on the 2012 seems a little steep for this time of year, but who knows..

i had a 06 and now a 11. the gen 2 feels the same to ride as the gen 1. but the gen 2 is a better bike less prone to problems that the gen 1s had. if money isnt the issue as u said i would get the 12. u will love it.

I love my gen 1 but am in the market for a great gen 2 so I'd get the 2012 if I were you.

I'd go for the gen 2, but the price should be closer to 10K-10.5K. It is a bit smoother down low and just a little more bike. Both are over priced, but the gen 1 owner is asking for quite a bit more than the going price for a nice low mile bike. I'd have to wonder about a bike that was ridden home and never ridden again for 6 years? Not many gen 1s going for more than 6.5K unless pristine and modded exactly the way a buyer preferred.

that Gen I bike is way over priced, even if it only has 50 miles on it, the genii is over priced too but not as much. The Gen II bike is better if your not crying over the price

I got my 2012 new with 0 miles for $10,500 back in December.

Same here, I bought my 2012 in April 2013. It was in the crate and a Limited Edtion for $10,000 plus tax and set up. There are 2012's in the showrooms right now and I have seen all three colors in my area, southern CA.

Same story here. Got a new 2012 for less than 11K and 0% interest. You can find the same deal!

Isn't it kinda strange that there's a 6-year-old motorcycle for sale with only 50 miles on it? ???

Isn't it kinda strange that there's a 6-year-old motorcycle for sale with only 50 miles on it? ???

It really ain't that strange. I know a couple guys who own motorcycles "just because" that more or less never ride them. Friend bought a bike brand new a little over a year ago and it has about 15 miles on it. He essentially just likes looking at it and saying he has one :rofl:

It really ain't that strange. I know a couple guys who own motorcycles "just because" that more or less never ride them. Friend bought a bike brand new a little over a year ago and it has about 15 miles on it. He essentially just likes looking at it and saying he has one :rofl:

Almost sounds like me, just not enough time to ride motorcycles, but she sure looks nice in my garage.

I own a 2007 and a 2011. To me the gen 1 is way more comfortable, but the gen 2 is way smoother with the power and the gen 1 brakes don't even compare to the gen 2.

The gen 2 seat is wider and after about 50-100 miles I am shifting trying to get more comfy.

If I were to pick from my 2 which I would rather ride it would be the gen 1.

However, I have had my gen 1 for 6 years and have modified it to fit me. I would assume that I could do similar modification to the gen 2 (only had it a couple of weeks) and be just as comfortable. Also the throttle is way stiffer on the gen 2, long trips it makes my hand go to sleep pretty quick.

If your looking to give 11k for a gen 2, I have a 2011 with 6,000 miles I'll sell you for 11k and it already has aftermarket exhaust and a tune.

if money and performance isnt an issue for you then just go with whichever one is more pleasing to the eye to you. Im a fan of busas GenI and II.

BOTH are way overpriced!

Go find a brand NEW 2012 or 2013 for that.....and NO WAY a 2007 is worth near that price.

I got my 2012 new with 0 miles for $10,500 back in December.

WOW! That's a heck of a deal. Best I have seen within 300 miles of here has been $11,200 or so for new 2013, and that would involve an overnight trip, meals, gas two ways for the wife, etc, etc.

Gotta admit, though...I am leaning toward the 2012...or maybe biding my time while staying alert for one of those rare close out deals like the 2012 for 10,500 mentioned above. That's the kind of deal I could go for!

Back