low end misfire

bhotrod3

Registered
I have a 03 busa,at low speed it misfires acts like its shutting off and on but runs fantastic at higher rpm, i have sync`d the throttle bodies,changed the plugs,made sure the tps was set rite and still have the same problem,any of you bike mechanics have any idea what the hell is going on ,i`m baffled thanks

Simle things first: what's your idle set to? Any work done on the bike prior to the time the problem appeared? Did the problem appear suddenly or developed gradually over time? Is the issue consistent, i.e. does it happen all the time the rpm is low and on every ride? Does it sputter smoke when this happens, or no smoke of any kind? Does FI comes on even for a moment?

Could be several or just one thing but somethings to check is:

Incorrect Fuel/Air Mixture
Defective intake air pressure sensor or circuit
Defective Fuel Pump
Defective Fuel Pressure regulator
Damaged Vacumm hose
Defective intake air temp sensor

Improperly working Fuel Injector

NO ECM injector signal

Improperly working Control Circuit or Sensors

As you see, there can be many areas together or just one to look at. But what you need is to start at the simple ones and go one at a time. A manual is a must because of the electronic circuits and sensors that really run and monitor your bikes requirements. If one is off, it can effect the others. Not like my old Ducati with carb.s and only simple electrical needs for lights and giving the engine it's very little juice needs :laugh:

Next Generation of Bikes will require a Masters in Engineering (along with $60,000 worth of tools and electrical monitor tools) to even work or fix one:(

Back