Low Bean Bulb

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
While at Laguna, my low beam bulb burned out. Jester was nice enough to secure one from the local Suzuki shop for me. Now that one has burned out already. The funny thing is that I usually use my Hi because I have that dark headlight cover. I only use the low at night, when I remove the cover.

Could there be something wrong like a short somewhere?

thinker

Greg, low beam is on all the time even with high. Also make sure bulb either does not touch your bare hands ( gloves ) or wipe well with acetone or laq thinner before switching on.
Oil on fingers will make it a shorter bulb life...

Kent

I think it has something to do with your secret mod. Did not start happening until after you did that.
I would undo that mod, put in a new bulb, and see how long it lasts. Process of elimination.

Yo Greg did you upgrade to one of those xenon bulbs? If so there has been a problem with others and myself with these bulbs in the past .  It was mention that it could be a loose connection I wouldnt doubt it mine was burnt like a mutha at the contact point which could have been arcing.  Netherless I just switch out the bulb and put one of JD (ICEMANN) HID light system in with no more problems.  Secret mode?
rock.gif
?? What your sound system?  Let a brotha know wasssss up with that email me or call you got the 7 digitz.

Greg, low beam is on all the time even with high. Also make sure bulb either does not touch your bare hands ( gloves ) or wipe well with acetone or laq thinner before switching on.
Oil on fingers will make it a shorter bulb life...

Kent
Hit it on the head.......... Clean your bulb everytime you replace it with nail polish remover and you won't have this problem! I replaced two bulbs myself, before I cleaned the last one. Haven't had a problem since............

thanks guys, I bet that was the problem. We wiped it, but probably didn't do a great job.

Back