Loving life...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Just got back from about a 60 mile ride to get to know her better. It rained off and on yesterday so I stayed off. Today it is beautiful and sunny. (Note to self... buy some sun screen and some Oakleys
cool.gif
) I rode in town and out in the country to get a feel for her in both types of traffic. The more I ride the smoother I get with her.  
biggrin.gif

I tend not to want to lean her far enough but I'm getting better. I purposefully hit some twisties at a safe pace to get the hang of leaning her on down. It's obvious that she'd take a *lot* more than I'm comfortable giving her in the turns but I'm following the advice I got here though. Take it easy and enjoy it a little at a time so as not to take it past my abilities too soon. And yes, I remember about the new tires. No doubt the bike will do far more than I'll ever be able to.

By the way, I'd also like to give thanks to all who post their experiences here for us rookie pilots. I went and picked up a State Motorcycle License study guide yesterday to study for a week or so and go take my license test. The thing is, last night I sat down and started reading the guide and saw the same stuff I've been reading here for the last month or so! All that was missing was you guys' member names and a sense of humor!  
tounge.gif

Anyway, I read all the way through the book last night and went to take the test this morning. Thanks to this forum I was able to scan the book once and score a perfect 100 on both sections of the test. I am now the proud holder of my first ever motorcycle permit. Woohooooo!!! I still have to take the driving test to get a full license. Thought I'd get a little more familiar with 'er before I ran their course.

Like I said, thanks a million folks!!!  
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Good Luck on the test!!

When are comfortable taking the turns faster, you will get her leaned over pretty far. After all how are you going to wear in those new tires without edging her over (not going over the edge
tounge.gif
). Everyday I learn something or identify something im doing wrong.

Hey MulletinPain...I mean Bullettrain...

Hey Bro, Is this your first street bike? I cannot remember. Either way it doesn't really matter. I would competely ignore the riding portion of you license exam. If it is anything like they were in Colorado, and you are on anything other than a standard or Enduro type motorcycle you are just about screwed. There is just not enough steering lock available and regardless of how far you lean, you cannot make the turns. The test course in Ft.Collins Co. was just too tight, it was not happening on a Sport Bike.
Have you been to the MSF beginner course? I would recommend finding out if successful completion of the MSF course will cover your motorcycle endorsement. It does in Florida and you will learn tons of good stuff. Not to mention possible insurance breaks, and a license. Win Win...

Just a thought Bro....

Hey MulletinPain...I mean Bullettrain...

Hey Bro, Is this your first street bike?  I cannot remember.  Either way it doesn't really matter.  I would competely ignore the riding portion of you license exam.  If it is anything like they were in Colorado, and you are on anything other than a standard or Enduro type motorcycle you are just about screwed.  There is just not enough steering lock available and regardless of how far you lean, you cannot make the turns. The test course in Ft.Collins Co. was just too tight, it was not happening on a Sport Bike.
  Have you been to the MSF beginner course?  I would recommend finding out if successful completion of the MSF course will cover your motorcycle endorsement.  It does in Florida and you will learn tons of good stuff. Not to mention possible insurance breaks, and a license.  Win Win...

Just a thought Bro....
RevlisilveR is right... Or, borrow a friends 250 Ninja for the test.

You should definately take AT LEAST the MSF beginner's course whether you have a license or not.

Rev,

My first sport bike, not first street bike. As for ignoring the driving test, I either have to renew my permit every six months from now on ($$) and deal with restrictions or take the driving test. Restrictions on permit are no passengers, no limited control access roads and no night riding. Not really an option. I have thought about borrowing a small standard bike for the riding test though. I had wondered if the busa would be nimble enough to make the swerves they require...

And yes, I plan to take both levels of the MSF. I am going to get into a basic class as soon as I can work it around my work schedule. I need to check and see if the MSF course would be sufficient to satisfy the riding test for the full license. The Georgia license study guide is definitely heavily based on the MSF materials. They even reference to the MSF in the guide...

Rev,

My first sport bike, not first street bike. As for ignoring the driving test, I either have to renew my permit every six months from now on ($$) and deal with restrictions or take the driving test. Restrictions on permit are no passengers, no limited control access roads and no night riding. Not really an option. I have thought about borrowing a small standard bike for the riding test though. I had wondered if the busa would be nimble enough to make the swerves they require...

And yes, I plan to take both levels of the MSF. I am going to get into a basic class as soon as I can work it around my work schedule. I need to check and see if the MSF course would be sufficient to satisfy the riding test for the full license. The Georgia license study guide is definitely heavily based on the MSF materials. They even reference to the MSF in the guide...
Yeah Cool, What I was saying was not to blow off your license altogether but to get to the MSF within the next 6 months and then not have to worry about trying to ride your Busa along the little "Kiddie" path course the DMV uses. Seriously it was a joke how narrow this course was...

You could also try finding a little Po-dunk rural DMV without the resources to set up their own little course. This is what I did. I went right down the road to Loveland and there I just had to ride to the end of the block, do a u-turn, come back go down to the end of the road turn right go around the block and come back. Real simple...best part was that it was at least possible.

Yeah, there's supposed to be a DMVS location somewhere around here that does a road test rather than a course. I have to ask around again and find out where it is. If they still do it I'm going there as soon as possible before they go to the course. If the MSF will satisfy it I won't bother with either of the DMVS options. Thanks for the tips...

Just my .02......No, the 'busa' is definitely not nimble enough to make the turn-arounds on the small course you have to ride here. But with forethought, I wore a Ky State Police t-shirt to take my test and blew it big time. But the tester passed me anyway. Did the t-shirt make a difference?.........hmmmmmm.....

Congrats on the PERMIT, and yep if you take the MSF class that will eliminate the road test in most if not all states. Trying to Ialready had my license when I took the MSF course, butwas riding a 750 at the time. It'll be tough, but not impossible to pass that test on the busa. Those little cones sit awfully close on some of those road test.

I passed my road test with my Busa dropped two inched, those little cones were a mutha getting through.

MSF course?
rock.gif
?? I don't even offer a course.....what are you talkin bout guys???
Congrats on the new Bullit dude......I might wanna borrow a bike if I were you to.
Some of the instructors might tend to be a little hard on a newbie straddling a 1300......never know might flunk ya fer the #### of it.

what are you talkin bout guys???[/QUOTE]

Here down in the lower 48 the DMV offerz a motorcylce safety course for a small fee and gurrantees you a full MC endorsement license when you pass the course. I never took the course but it has many advantages to taking and passing. Also I pass my test on my drop bike when taking the normal road test.

what are you talkin bout guys???

Here down in the lower 48 the DMV offerz a motorcylce safety course for a small fee and gurrantees you a  full MC endorsement license when you pass the course.  I never took the course but it has many advantages to taking and passing.  Also I pass my test on my drop bike when taking the normal road test.[/QUOTE]
I was just makin a funny playa.......I nut dat dubm.

Oppz my bad ! You know I wouldnt dis on a brotha like that.

Back