Love the twisties

MET

The Watcher
Registered
I love the New England (Spring & Summer) this is why I have not stretched out the bike. Everyone in South Florida is trying to get me to stretch out he bike, but when I come back up North I would regret it. I do not even like lowering it for the same reason.

I'm no knee-dragger, but my bike turns faster since I lowered it 1". Seems more agile to me. Plenty of twisties out my way.

aag.jpg

Interesting. I am 5' 11" I get very low but don't do dragging much. I will have to try to lower the bike. I can always bring it back up.

same height as me. try it, you will like it. just a bit lower is all it takes. you will probly get some faster times too... front wheel will want to stay down a bit better.

I would say just the opposite. I am at stock now and lowering won't make you corner better. Busa is big around the middle and if you get that plastic lower you will be dragging parts. Let me know how the lowering experiment goes though.... Always willing to drop some time...

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Just my thoughts from seeing the formula extreme busa

I'm with you guys, definitely prefer the twisties. I would rather keep the bike stock so that it handles better in the mountains. However, if I lived somewhere like florida, it might make more sense to stretch and lower. Just depends on what you like to do more, highspeed straights or the twisties.

My bike was lowered for a short while. i did not like the cornering ability at all. I returned it to stock height pretty quickly. i do not drag race either. i rode my buddy's busa which had a 6 inch extension. It took longer to corner my lines were off. the bike did not feel like something fun to ride. this could have been due to lack of familiarity with his setup. My bike has a stiff setup

I race my busa on the racetrack and street/sport ride here in Europe. I have been knee draggin/ wearing down knee sliders for years, but if the conditions with bike/tire/road are not right I don't do it.

You're better to utilize the Busa with big fast roads with plenty of smooth fast twisties. You are a better skilled rider because you have to be.

don't stretch out a Busa. Don't restrict yourself to straight lines.  The Busa has so much more to offer than just brute power. Use it, dude.

REAL HAYABUSISTS USE THEIR BIKES IN MANY WAYS.

I know I am pissing some one off right now, but the straight line guys are not real riders, they never will be. The never will have the skill and ability when they have to do something other than twist the throttle and apply the brakes.

Don't sell yourself out to that stuff.

Unfortunately, some people live where there just aren't any twisties and the sharpest turns are freeway on-ramps. (is that a word?)

Well I don't even like the look of the stretched out Busas, but I have off center tastes. I will stick with stock height and length. i like the twisties, though just learning how to ride them.

REAL HAYABUSISTS USE THEIR BIKES IN MANY WAYS.

I know I am pissing some one off right now, but the straight line guys are not real riders, they never will be. The never will have the skill and ability when they have to do something other than twist the throttle and apply the brakes.

Don't sell yourself out to that stuff.
AMEN to that!!!

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Everyone has thier preferences.I love the twisties and the BUSA is very capable. I find it more challenging to throw a BUSA into a corner or watch the guys with the smaller bikes behind me.I will always remember the time I was on the back roads with some Beemer riders, They pulled me over when they caught up and said I didn't know a BUSA could do that.Meanning handle that well.ITS THE RIDER!With that said after riding the BUSA like that just think how fast you would be on a smaller bike (shorter turn radius)
biggrin.gif

Back