love bugs

shawnski

Donating Member
Registered
i just came back from riding for couple hours and here we go again, the season for love bugs in texas, not sure these little bugs are any other places but they pair with each other and do each other till they die.:laugh:
front fairing and fender of my bike now has about 100 of these things and the bad thing about them is that if yo don't clean them right away they will be part of your paint job.:banghead:
LOVE BUGS GO DO EACH OTHER SOME WHERE ELSE!:laugh:

Last edited:
The little bastards plague florida as well.

HATE THEM WITH A PASSION.

I've started out for a ride and after passing thur a cloud of 'em decided destroying my paint job was not worth it and turned around.

As a lifetime Texan I will concur "Love Bugs Suck".

They will ruin the paint on your car as well, forever becoming part of the bumper and grill.

:( :( :(

No Love Bugs in Missouri thankfully.
Bugs just grow big here..

ASplattedBug8-13-05002Large.jpg

Last edited:
+11111111111111111111111111111111111111111

We went for a 150 mile ride today north from Gulfport and into Louisiana (Bogalusa) and we had to stop twice just to clean off our helmet shields.

I was going to take pics... but like you, I just wanted to get em off of the bike.... I actually HOSED down the front end of the bike and scrubbed and scrubbed....

LOVE BUGS always seem to blow in after hurricanes here....

twice a year they come around sept and march/april time frame. they are a pain thats for sure

Those things have some type of super glue in them, they don't come off easily. Get them off the paint asap or your paint job is toast.... Hate the damn things.... Were not bad here this year, they seem to plague the upper part of the state of Florida worse.

+11111111111111111111111111111111111111111

We went for a 150 mile ride today north from Gulfport and into Louisiana (Bogalusa) and we had to stop twice just to clean off our helmet shields.

I was going to take pics... but like you, I just wanted to get em off of the bike.... I actually HOSED down the front end of the bike and scrubbed and scrubbed....

LOVE BUGS always seem to blow in after hurricanes here....

Carefull with the scrub and scrub...in my experience Suzuki paint in anything but thick and durable...and is very easily scratched. I'd try the honda polish...works to disintingrate bugs and then just gently wipe them off (if possible).

if next sunday will be the same way, i am planning to rub some kind of oil or something temporary on my fairing and fender, that might help from stiicking . i am telling you those things are bit@@ to get out.

if next sunday will be the same way, i am planning to rub some kind of oil or something temporary on my fairing and fender, that might help from stiicking . i am telling you those things are bit@@ to get out.

Dupont sells teflon wax, I think wally world sells it.

They have not been that bad here in Austin thank Goodness but down in the Houston, Galveston area they SUX!! I hated those bugs with a passion

Back