Loudest Exhaust

C.J.

Registered
Who makes the loudest dual exhaust that is either a slip-on or a dual full system. I like the dual look and want it loud as a safety feature.
CJ

This should be fun....
laugh.gif

Welcome, to the board C.J.

D&D all the way, will rattle windows and scare old ladies, just what your lookin for.

i beleive D&D is the loudest or better yet just straight pipe your exhaust system

oh Welcome to the board

Welcome to the board CJ.
I run the D&D bolt ons and can tell ya..... they are loud.
Not to bad at an idle but get on it and they'll here ya commin.

Welcome! I got the D&D Black Satin bolt ons on my '02 LE and the look and sound sweet! Loud, but not like a twin, they kinda growl like a v8 mustang. Very kewl. They will hear you coming.

This should be fun....    
laugh.gif

Welcome, to the board C.J.
First of All welcome.  I wanted to get that out of the way before I place my little tirade here...There is alot of good information and people on this board...and one jerk...No I am not it...yet
wink.gif
  OK here it is...I'll say it...it's the truth...here go my cool points Cache...

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:orangered'>"LOUD PIPES DO NOT SAVE LIVES"</span></span>

<span style='color:crimson'>Yeah I said it, because it's true, the number one killer of bikers are cars turning in front of them.  All that sound and anger your spouting behind your bike will do nothing except piss off the old cagers, the police, and eventually the congressmen. They get involved because old people vote and then nobody gets to put any sort of exhaust on the bike.  </span>
pissed.gif

One other thing, just yesterday I came across a thread where a guy got pretty muched tanked by a deer most likely because the lead bikes exhaust was so loud it freaked the thing out and it bounded right in front of the following rider, took him right out.  Bizarre?  Well yeah, but a quieter can on the lead might may have averted this...(It's a stretch I know)

No I am not Hatin, I am planning on putting some pipes on mine.  Lord knows the thing is pretty bottled up out of the factory.  But do it for yourself, and don't hunt down the loudest just because it's loud, find some that you like and go with it, but be courteous.  This means NO High RPM runs in town late at night...No Reving first thing in the AM...etc.  

Just show some respect and the next guy on a sportbike might get treated a little better.  We all represent the sport when we are among the population, lets leave a positive impression.

My $1.50, take it or leave it, but think about it.

If you still have to have the loudest...(the cops will love you) Get the HMF ...I have been told that these are just crazy loud, D&D is cool as well.  Now, stop watching Biker Boyz...Do'H
11doh.gif

I'm Kidding....but really, don't watch Biker Boyz...or at least do not admit to it....

Totally agree with you Revlis. You don't need the loudest ones just a little bit more than the originals. Anyway those don't work well .
Since 2 months in France we have to put "Homologué" pipes or if you get caught (which doesn't happen often with the french police
smile.gif
) it's 90 Euros.

As an ex-Harley rider I do believe that the loud pipes have made many people notice that a "bike" was around and take notice. I am sure you have been in a car on a freeway when a sport bike passed by you and it was the first that you knew of it. I tried to when I rode Harleys, that you would always hear me first. Also, have never seen the movie "Biker Boys"

CJ

As an ex-Harley rider I do believe that the loud pipes have made many people notice that a "bike" was around and take notice.  I am sure you have been in a car on a freeway when a sport bike passed by you and it was the first that you knew of it.  I tried to when I rode Harleys, that you would always hear me first.  Also, have never seen the movie "Biker Boys"

CJ
Hey CJ, I'm just given you a hard time with the Biker Boyz Thing.  Truly No Offense intended.  Sorry about that...Just poking a little.
sigh.gif

As for the Pipes on a Harley or A Rocket?  Yeah People will hear you in traffic but only when you are next to them or ahead of them.  If they (your Pipes) faced forward there might be a chance, think of a police siren..but studies have shown clearly that few motorcyclists have accidents involving cars in that situation.  It's an old study but the HURT report and a few smaller ones since then support this.  What the loud pipes in traffic do accomplish is the same thing the sport tuner guys with the BIG sound systems accomplish.  All you get is a lot of the cagers around you irritated at you and wishing bad things upon the dude on the bike rattling the mirrors.  

Though in heavy inner city traffic, I will give you that the pipes do get more notice, in slow in town traffic they may help in waking up some sleepy crap head.  The down side is the noise also wakes up police.  

I am not bashing pipes outright, I have been riding since I was a pup and I generally love the sounds coming out of a well tuned sport bike or Harley.  But, when I hear them tearing through the neighborhood at 0200 it pisses me off that they are so self centered that they actually think they are cool waking people up.  

Why it gets me is that the next morning when I go down the same street instead of the waves and nods I usually get,  all I get is attitude and disapproving looks and it is all because of some jerk-off spinning his ride up late the night before.  Never mind the fact that I am cruising quietly out of my own neighborhood.  

Aftermarket pipes are cool, there is no way around it, they sound sweet and look good, not to mention potential performance gains.  I am after a set of bolt-ons right now, but the safety thing really doesn't hold much water, and the guys being rude with their loud bikes makes it harder on everyone to get where we want to go and have fun.

Last note on this.  This argument has been waged for years... we are not going to settle it here bro.  I just wanted to throw out there that by and large the loud pipes saving lives just doesn't really add up.   Besides...Cache made me do it... he really did...

Didn't mean to offend you though, wasn't my intention and I did Kinda Hi-jack your thread (sorry about that)...Though really...Cache made me do it.  What kinda pipes am I after?  I think I am going to get some Micron or Yoshimura Bolt ons.  Both give a better sound without being too loud.

Welcome once again, and have fun on the Busa...
thumbs-up.gif

Rev

As an ex-Harley rider I do believe that the loud pipes have made many people notice that a "bike" was around and take notice.  I am sure you have been in a car on a freeway when a sport bike passed by you and it was the first that you knew of it.  I tried to when I rode Harleys, that you would always hear me first.  Also, have never seen the movie "Biker Boys"

CJ
Oh One other thing, you said I am sure you have been in a car on a freeway when a sport bike passed by you and it was the first that you knew of it. [/QUOTE]  Grab a copy of Redline Extremes Latest video, (I think it's the latest) there is a funny scene of two guys wheeling past a minivan...the dude in the minivan FREAKS out and locks it up...Guess the bikes startled the guy... Kinda funny.  But I know what you mean...Been there, it almost looks like an automotive wake behind you when you blow by a line of traffic on the big bridges out here at about 150... PERRRooooommmm....And watch the cages wiggle....
I'll caveat this by saying that kinda bahavior is irresponsible and dangerous...fun too..
biggrin.gif

I bet I have the loudest exhaust in this group! And I will guarentee it helps me be noticed. When I am coming up on people from behind, 99% of them look in the rearview. This puppy is L-O-U-D!!!

LOUD dump pipes save lives... except when traveling over the speed of sound of course!

carbon cans r what u want,look very nice,not to loud,but not to quiete either
jump9.gif

this way everybody is happy
thumbs-up.gif

my_bike.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back