loud pipes? which to have

cetrov

Registered
Do you think that loud pipes make you less likely to get hit by an unaware motorist? do you think it helps you be noticed more? I dont see any difference when I am riding. Some people say they do.

Do you think that loud pipes make you less likely to get hit by an unaware motorist? do you think it helps you be noticed more? I dont see any difference when I am riding. Some people say they do.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Most cagers are listening to music blasting out at hundreds of watts so I don't think loud pipes are going to make any difference.

I wouldn't bet on having loud pipes help ya, The cages won't hear your pipes till your past em anyway, and if ya let someone run over ya from behind then you weren't paying any attention to your mirrors. I used to have vance & Hines that were blown out inside, loudest I have ever heard, the only thing that exhaust did for me was scare the crap out of cars when I flew by......

I put a full ti yosh system on my bike- noisey- now the cops can hear ya coming up the canyons and roads-
Thinking about putting back on the stock exhaust system- I like the looks of the stock setup better anyway- the yosh is lighter- and easier to go between the cars on the freeway but- it's loud.

Yes, I think it greatly improves your chances of getting noticed. By other motorists and pedestrians alike... the thing you have to ask yourself is, "do I really want all that attention from 5.0"
confused.gif

I think that it improves you being noticed. I have a full D&D system on mine and I get noticed.

<span style='color:sandybrown'><table style=filter:blur>blowing dust off this old thread...</table></span>

I likey my loud Muzzys. Gives me something to listen to while riding.  
biggrin.gif

Back