Lots of un-sung heroes out there,still doing their thing for us

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Today I thought I would drop a few bucks [that I dont really have,:redface:] at the liquor store and pick up a decent bottle of wine or something to give to our mail delivery person.Nice gal,drops my stuff off at my door [special attention to me] knocks and wisely runs away.:laugh:
I have chatted with her several times at a Covid-Free distance. Thanked her for continuing to be there out on the front lines doing what is most nessecary....the delivery of Gub'ment cheques,other essential correspondence, and all that krap I ordered from Amazon/Epay and Wish.

Hey...I need that krap. Not always for me...could be for an' Org brother like you.

I agree, there are many people who do great services all year who get very little recognition..

I give our trash/recycling guys gift cards at Christmas as well as our mail person. We have a community mail box right beside our driveway and I make sure it is cleared of snow and sanded. Even though there is a contract in place to do this, often times I never see anyone doing it.

Good on you to look after those who look after us.

#BidensInsaneThoughts ~ #CurseOfBiden ~ #NeverBeatTrump ~ #THEoRg *

#DemocratsGreatestUnSungHeroes ~ #EndorseJoeBiden2020 *

Last edited:
I agree, there are many people who do great services all year who get very little recognition..

I give our trash/recycling guys gift cards at Christmas as well as our mail person. We have a community mail box right beside our driveway and I make sure it is cleared of snow and sanded. Even though there is a contract in place to do this, often times I never see anyone doing it.

I think this is one of the things that we will come out of this situation with and that is specifically a better appreciation that it takes every single person to make things great. Everyone is valuable, everyone has a perspective, everyone has a story and no one is above reproach.

Cap

I always put out a few beers and cokes for our rubbish guys at christmas as well.

Back