Lost the busa tonight...

In the end it's just a motorcycle.

GREAT thing YOUR okay. What an awesome reason to get that Black with Gold (or is it Red?) trim 2011! It is magnificant.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry for your troubles. Glad no life loss or injuries. I hope this will all work out for you. Good luck!

Sorry about the bike, but at least no one was hurt. On the brighter side of things, at least you know why your CCS-100 does not work.

that sux.

I hope I am wrong, but I thought most home insurance dont cover something that can be covered on an individual policy...unless you had your bike stored at someone elses house and it was damaged...then their home insurance policy would pay for it?

Maybe with a rental property it is different. I hope so for your sake....so what color you gonna get this time?:thumbsup:

A tree falling and damaging anything DURING a Storm IS NOT and Act of God. Just like Hail damage on your car or your homes roof. IT'S Covered under your homeowners policy :cheerleader:

So we had a bit of a tornado "straight line winds" tonight in my part of the country. My car is now a dimple darling, my rental has 3 windows out and half a tree on it...the best part of the story is the other half of the tree is flat on my motorcycle.

Now since I got into my bike for so cheap and it is an 02, I do not have full coverage on my bike. My landlord thinks his liability insurance will cover (since it is his tree), but I think trees are a part of that "act of god" clause where their damage is exempt.

Either way the bike does not look good...AT ALL :banghead: I hope I didn't just loose my bike for good....

Being an insurance adjuster, I'm sad to inform you that your landlords insurance policy won't cover your bike regardless of who's tree it is. Auto is seperate from Home Owners too. Man, that sucks :banghead: Well, I hope you come out some way or another, really sorry to hear about that. :please:

Bummer dude . Hope it works out for you .
Any pics of said tree laying on top of your bike ?

Glad that you came out OK, and what an experience. Having lived in No. Texas for almost 10 yrs. I found that the weather could be deadly and when it got bad all you could do was take cover and pray. Post up some pics of the damage and the dead busa, would be interested to see.

Believe it or not, we had a tornado at my house yesterday also. Mostly downed a lot of trees and threw debris everywhere. I was in the shop working on a lawnmower when it hit and couldn't get to the house. Thank God that he had his hand on my shop and saved me and my dogs from harm or death. Good luck on your bike and am really glad everyone is alright. Oh, one more thing. My neighbor said that I need to go to church Sunday because I'm lucky to be alive. I told him he better go too because he got home about 15 minutes before it hit and he was riding his Busa.

Thanks a lot guys. You are right that it is only a toy and can be replaced.

My landlord had a removal company come and take the limbs out. I got back late tonight from work and so I can not say for sure how much damage there is. Honestly it does not look so bad now that it is back on both wheels again. I will need to check the swingarm and frame, but the normal plastic/tank/cosmetic are in rough shape.

BigRods HMFs are ok too :laugh:

Here is a picture I took after clearing away some of the branches.

0723100529[1].jpg

Here is another shot of my back yard where the bike got hit.

The other picture is of a trailer two houses down, it is a young family of 5 and luckly they saw the storm coming and went to my neighbor's house who has a basement!

0723100531[1].jpg

0723100510[2].jpg

Ouch !
The pic makes it hurt even worse .
Poor poor busa .
Please tell me she didn't suffer much ?

That tree could have very well taken out the house and you probably would have lost more than the bike. The one thing that I really missed having in Texas was a basement or storm shelter. If I ever were to move back there again it would be a must.

Honestly guys I think she is going to be ok...the big branch was sitting on the swingarm and as long as it is ok then it is just plastics. I have a fresh painted set back home in blue so if anything I am just out my spare set of skins I was going to save for a layover...i guess tree damage counts too. All together with the broken windscreen and mirror, I can not see anything that I will have to buy to replace, and the cheap cover saved a lot from being scratched to bad...not a mark on my black frame/arm either. looks like these things can take a lot! :cheerleader:

Since she was on her side for so long I am going to let it sit for a day before I try and crank it over to let the oil drain out of the heads...I'll keep posting pics and the condition.

Last edited:
Back