Lost My Dog This Weekend....

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Well, we had an unfortunate reminder this morning of what living life in rural Oklahoma can be. Early this morning as the sun was coming up I let our puppy "clutch" outside as I do every other morning and about 3 minutes later Kristie heard him "yelp" as if he were hurt. We looked outside but didn't see anything and he never came back. I checked the security cameras and could see that he was attacked and immediately killed and carried off by a large coyote. Was a rough way to start the day and we will surely miss our little friend.

Every single day when I came home from work that dog barked and ran to me, laid on the ground in front of me and just wanted to be rubbed. He would jump up on your lap and wiggle his head under your hand just to be close and then fall asleep beside you.

I heard a saying that I was reminded of today.

"Let me be the man my dog thinks I am...."

14372031_10155249241844867_7955176160088454446_o.jpg

Last edited:
That sucks!!!
Sorry for your loss.
I suppose a smaller dog around where I live would give me concern. But my last best pal I had (border collie, sheep dog), would always rise to the challenge when a pack of coyotes came around.
Sorry again for your loss

so sorry to hear. thats just awful! gdam coyotes smh. we got em here too. I'm fearful of that too with my little dog at 12 lbs which is why I always let my 90 lb Malinios out with her cause I'm afraid of just that! post up wen u get ur revenge plz.

Coyotes are a$$holes, your payback pic is the correct answer Cap. Poor buddy...

My neighbor lost 2 deer, down the street a hog and a little further on a large dog was atracked and chickens keep coming up missing. (It sounds like I live in hee haw land).

time to even the playing field cap. Sounds like he is getting to big for his britches.

Sorry to hear cap. That's an awful way for the little guy to go. :-( hope you can get those coyotes.!:firing::firing::firing::firing:

Sorry for your loss, Cap. My cousins lost their family dog to a coyote a few years ago, they went on a camping trip and it was grabbed and carried off!

Found this one about 300 yrds away from the house last night... Hoping my little guy bit him and gave him an infection or something but pretty sure he got hit by a car... Neighbor said he saw 2 more behind his barn this week.

20160921_201143.jpg

20160921_201156.jpg

Back