LOST MY BEST FRIEND

NINJA KILLER

JUST CRUISN '
Donating Member
Registered
HELLO ALL, Today a friend and I took off for a ride to NEBRASKA just to get out, all was going well despite the rain, had a good time up until I get a call from the wife while we are stopped at a truck stop outside Lincoln, she just informed me that my father who is a VETERAN and is in the nursing home at the VA in Leavenworth, Ks had a massive stroke and told me to bolt back home because the doctor's said he wouldn't make it much longer, so we hit the highway like a bat out of hell runnin about 120 mph to try to get back before anything happened but I wasn't quick enough , My father who I have been taking care of for the last 20yrs of my life passed away 1hr before I got there, I know god has a plan for everyone but I fell cheated right now, and I feel guilty for going so far away and being there when it mattered most. I now know how much my father meant to me, He was my best friend and confidaunt, There will never be another like him. REST IN PEACE POPS. I LOVE YOU

Sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. As for your father; you stand relieved sir - we have the watch. Rest easy, rest in peace.

Sorry to hear about your Father, my Prayers are with You and your Family...

Sorry to hear this, NINJA KILLER
sad.gif
. As per the title of this thread, it sounds like you're a very good son and have nothing to feel guilty about.

Very sorry to hear about your loss. I can understand how you fell cheated, but trust in God who knows best. Look at the blessing you have received all of these years that he's been with you, and know God is there for you to help you through the times of grief and pain now that your father has returned home. You have my condolences and prayers.

(NINJA KILLER @ Sep. 09 2006,22:45) HELLO ALL,   Today a friend and I took off for a ride to NEBRASKA just to get out, all was going well despite the rain, had a good time up until I get a call from the wife while we are stopped at a truck stop outside Lincoln, she just informed me that my father who is a VETERAN and is in the nursing home at the VA in Leavenworth, Ks had a massive stroke and told me to bolt back home because the doctor's said he wouldn't make it much longer, so we hit the highway like a bat out of hell runnin about 120 mph to try to get back before anything happened but I wasn't quick enough , My father who I have been taking care of for the last 20yrs of my life passed away 1hr before I got there, I know god has a plan for everyone but I fell cheated right now, and I feel guilty for going so far away and being there when it mattered most.  I now know how much my father meant to me, He was my best friend and confidaunt, There will never be another like him.  REST IN PEACE POPS.    I LOVE YOU
I'm truly sorry to hear about your Dad. But we know he's in a better place now. I can understand and appreciate how you feel about not being there. My Dad had cancer and passed away last year. The last day I saw him at my parent's house my wife and I knew he was in desperate condition. That night I layed in bed debating whether I should go to his house, maybe to just lay in bed with him while he slept... but I didn't. And that morning at 5am my Mom called telling us he had passed away. For a long time I hated myself for not being with him when he passed.

You took care of your Dad, and I'm sure that meant the world to him, just having you there... seeing and talking with you. Don't hate yourself and think about what you should have done or what could have been. Think about the good times that you and your Dad shared. He would want that for you; just like my Dad wanted for me.

Godspeed.

-G

Sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like you were there for him for a LONG time. Think about that rather than the last hour. 20 years is a LONG TIME!!! Your dad was lucky to have you, I hope you realize that. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family!!

I'm very sorry to hear about your father. My thoughts are with you and your family.

sorry to hear about your loss...prayers sent to you and your family

i pulled up your profile and see under interests: "MY Family & MY BUSA"...bro, that says everything, you have nothing to feel bad about...your Pops knows exactly how you feel about him where he is now

My heart goes out to you. You had the last 20 years with him, however, and that says a lot. You have nothing to feel guilty about. I hope you'll see it that way soon.

Very sorry for your loss.

--Wag--

Very sorry about your loss. I don't know what I'd do or how I'd take it if either of my parents left me now...

Stay strong, NK.

Back