Lost Key

Jbaby1969

Registered
Before I lose my mind with the people in my home, I want to make sure I didn’t accidentally lock my key inside my bike. Is it possible to remove the hump without the key? I need to check in there.

Before I lose my mind with the people in my home, I want to make sure I didn’t accidentally lock my key inside my bike. Is it possible to remove the hump without the key? I need to check in there.
if its a gen 2 it is possible. I just dont know how. In the german hayabusa forum they have a manual how to do it but you have to "special request"it... I can find out if nobody else knows.

Be sure to check your riding jacket or gear, done this a time or two myself.
Yeah that’s the first place I looked. Twice actually. Unfortunately my wife has a tendency to “clean up” my dresser which is where I put my keys. I’m going to give it a few days and see if it turns up. Can a locksmith make a key for it? I’d rather do that than have to take the bike apart.

Got in. No key. Of course nobody in the house has seen it. Looks like I’ll be buying a new ignition and key set.
gen 2 ignition will be approx 1000 bucks.... ! find your key instead....and also- make a second one. Buy a blank key from ebay for 1 dollar and get a copy for 3 bucks with the original key. Thats how I did it!

Yeah that’s the first place I looked. Twice actually. Unfortunately my wife has a tendency to “clean up” my dresser which is where I put my keys. I’m going to give it a few days and see if it turns up. Can a locksmith make a key for it? I’d rather do that than have to take the bike apart.
I know the feeling, my wife has to clean up and put everything where I can't find it but she's learned the busa key has to have its whereabouts accounted fir ay all times. Could be costly but a good locksmith can come cut a key on site without you having to remove anything. We used ti have this done all the time at the car dealer I worked at.

If it doesn’t turn up, could I buy one of the used OEM ignitions off eBay? There are several on there for around $150. I figure a locksmith will be in that ballpark to come out and cut a key for it. I could be wrong though.

If it doesn’t turn up, could I buy one of the used OEM ignitions off eBay? There are several on there for around $150. I figure a locksmith will be in that ballpark to come out and cut a key for it. I could be wrong though.
Your best bet is the locksmith if it doesn't turn up, remember that key also opens the trunk and tank if you have the oem cap still on so that's more you have to factor in if the Ebay set doesn't have all of them. And if your gonna pull it to replace it might as well just pull it and take it to the locksmith, it'll be cheaper then most coming and cutting one on sight usually. I read a post not long ago about the same thing, big guy from myrtle beach can't tenderness his name but I don't think it cost Him much.

Here it is, cost him $135.00

Here it is, cost him $135.00
So there’s a chance I can pull the cylinder out of the tail and take it to them? I don’t have a factory gas cap anymore.

Back