Lost 31 today, RIP brothers.....

I feel so absolutely terrible every time I hear about the loss of one of our heros. My heart and prayers go out to those who have lost their lives and their families. These brave folks have not only given their lives serving the U.S. but the entire world.

I wish we could end these conflicts and bring our brave heros home for good.

Just read many of them were our Navy Seals that took Bin Laden out.
RIP

Via DROID X

i had just read the opposite. fox news reported the aircraft as a ch-47, but if there were seal team 6 guys on it, it was most likely an MH-47, and crewed by nightstalkers. prayers for their families, as they're already enjoying a few brews with the big man.

a moment of silence

thanks to all the men and women that put thier lives on the line so we americans can enjoy the freedom we have.

this is kinda close to home. that's my aircraft, i'm a 47 maintainer, and if it was actually an MH-47, it's 160th, and that's the unit i'm probably heading to. it's a sad day here, a lot of the NCO's are former Nightstalkers, they don't know the details, they're all worried that it's guys they knew in regiment.

if anyone knows anything but doesn't want to post it, PM me your DOD email, and i'll email you from mine. some of my buddies are pretty worried about this right now.

I'm not sure why but this one seems to have hit me especially hard. Maybe its because I'm not in the fight right now...I don't know...but it is the single worst loss in the Teams history.

Rest easy fellas...we got the fight!

this is kinda close to home. that's my aircraft, i'm a 47 maintainer, and if it was actually an MH-47, it's 160th, and that's the unit i'm probably heading to. it's a sad day here, a lot of the NCO's are former Nightstalkers, they don't know the details, they're all worried that it's guys they knew in regiment.

I can tell you for sure it wasn't a MH47 or any Nightstalkers from 160th SOAR(A) that was involved in this mission. Its a sad day in the SOCOM community.

‎31 lost, 31 unwanted visits, 31 doors receive that dreaded knock, 31 families with shattered hearts, 31 pairs of boots lined up with rifles and dog tags and helmets, 31 comrades remembered and grieved for, 31 funeral services, 31 names on newly made grave markers, 31 empty places at the table, 31 souls who gave all, whose lives leave a void, so let's take 31 seconds to re-post this and pause to reflect on such a sacrifice as 31 gone forever.

I was in 3dACR. Lost a lot of friends. I mourn every loss we suffer. It is a sad day. Good men out there doing an outstanding job. I will say a prayer for them and maybe even see them on fiddler's green one day.

if anyone knows anything but doesn't want to post it, PM me your DOD email, and i'll email you from mine. some of my buddies are pretty worried about this right now.

ogre, I hope you and your buddies are doing OK...sad news either way, but I hope it wasn't anyone you guys knew :down:

Looks like a lot of the guys were from the Va Beach area.

Back