losing loved ones.

black diamond busa

Team Jacob
Registered
So not many of you know but I lost my grandpa to a heart attack this last February. Hit me really hard and still does depending on the day. Well this morning I lost my grandma to cancer and a lung infection. The next week will be hard but I will get through it. So here's my rant since I can't do this on FB for reasons. Well my mom and her 2 sisters pretty much all hate each other and don't trust each other. They all have been fighting since my grandma took a turn for the worst 3 weeks ago. Almost everyday I have to hear about crap that happened 20 years. Sorry but shut up and get over it. Be an adult because this is not the time for it. So since they are acting like this all 3 of them thought it was a good idea to have someone else take care of the house, car, camper, probate court lawyer and selling all the small things. I thought for once they were acting like adults. Guess who they picked, this guy. I don't mind the added stress or responsibility. I'm glad I can do this because I can keep them all in check do as my grandma wished. So for the next couple weeks its going to be havoc around my house. I just wish they could have grown up and been able to take care of this like adults without my help. Rant off
I think I want to go out like my grandpa, fast little pain. My last memories of him was us laughing and working in his garage. I'm glad for those. Its been hard watching my grandma slowly die these last couple weeks. She slowly stopped eating so she lost alot of weight and the last week she could barely get out of bed. I hope to god when I go its fast so my family doesn't have to watch me die like this.

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma...my heart goes out to you...

:down:

It's already so hard, watching someone you love slip away. It's even worse when family fights. I had my share of drama with my sister a year ago when my Dad was slipping away, and we both did/said some things that I bet we would take back if we could. Good news is that sometimes people wake up and realize life is too short for that kind of drama. I hope the same happens for your family.

Hang in there and just do what you can to get everyone through this...stay strong and honor your grandma...

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

My condolences to you!!! I lost my father and grandpa within 2 years and trust me, every family has those disagreements and arguments. Some bigger than others. I decided not to be like them and just did my part and what I could to get everything in order. Sometimes is better if they don't have any possessions. Especially when you have those heartless, gold digging siblings.

Wish you the best!!

Firstly, sorry for your loss! Secondly, I don't think I would have stepped up to the plate like this. It puts you squarely in the middle of all the stuff you were ranting about! There should have been a provision in her will naming an executor for her estate. If not, one can be appointed by the court. People goes crazy over stuff sometimes and you should stay out of it. My 2 cents. Sorry again.

Firstly, sorry for your loss! Secondly, I don't think I would have stepped up to the plate like this. It puts you squarely in the middle of all the stuff you were ranting about! There should have been a provision in her will naming an executor for her estate. If not, one can be appointed by the court. People goes crazy over stuff sometimes and you should stay out of it. My 2 cents. Sorry again.

Well I'm the kind of person that steps up when family needs it no matter what it is The bad part is they all agree on 99% of the who gets what but they don't trust each and all think that who ever is in charge won't do what has been agreed on. So I'm in charge of giving everything away to the people they all agreed its going to. My mom lives in Georgia (too far away to take care of anything after funeral). My other aunt lives 3 hrs away so same thing. The one aunt that lives here the other two don't trust to take care of the house, camper, jeep. They are afraid she will just keep all the money. So I have to take care of those and split it 3 ways. The part that gets me is that they distrust each other of stupid stuff that happened 25+ years ago. The one sister can't be in the same room with either of the other two without yelling and fighting. I guess I just don't understand it. My dads side of the family is different. We butt heads, we fight and don't talk for periods of time. But when someone needs help we all show up to do what we can and put the stupid stuff behind us when it matters. I guess I just think that what family is suppose to be.

Sorry for your loss brother. We lost Naomi's Grand Mother yesterday. Best of luck with all the family stuff.

It is never easy...it brings out the worst in some people...attempt to be calm and remember the good times and the bad times...view pictures and think about them...sorry for your loss

Back