Losing friends...FAST.

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I think I am about to find out who my friends really are.

I knocked on a buddy's door. His wife answered.I could tell by the look on her face that she would be totally happy if I never knocked again.:rofl:

This couple were friends with me before they were friends with the wife.Too funny. My bud says to me, "If I ever need anything just holla." Ya right. I said,"I dont think I am welcome on your property again,am I?" I got the blank stare.:rofl:

Friends that used to call up almost daily...have not called since this little escapade began. I got a PM from a member on here asking why I was giving stuff away to folks here on the Org and not to friends and family.

Because I am about to run out of friends and family around my town...FAST. :laugh:

It's like that George Therogood song where he talks about getting kicked out of his apartment. In the song he talks about going to a friends house to see if he can stay for a bit.

George: "Hey man,do you think you could maybe put me up a couple days?"

Friend: " I dunno man,let me go an ask my wife"

George: "Well my friend comes back and I could tell by the look on his face the answer was no."

Friend: "I dunno man,ah, she kind of funny."

George: "I know, everybody funny, now you funny too" :rofl:

I guess I need to make some new friends. It won't be easy thou...Rubb doesn't really like people.:whistle:

RSD.

:laugh:your welcome at my pad any time bro...dont care what the house rat says about it.:laugh:

Well, You just Gained Me as a Friend...When I got Clean and Sober 8 years ago, the same thing happened to me. Suddenly, I had No Friends! Figured, they weren't real friends anyway! Life goes on! Their Loss....It sucks in the beginning but it does get better Rubb. Believe Me!!! Rich.......

It's a shame that people are that way, I don't really like people in general anyway.

Forget them. Life is a lot easier without them.

Rubb,

When I was gong through my divorce friends of 20 years evaporated. They don't necessarily dislike you or feel that you are bad, they just feel uncomfortable about being in the middle of a couple splitting up. They don't want to hear the gory sides of each story. Plus your STBX may be intentionally be spreading maliciousness about you. Its another tactic they use trying to turn friends against you. Don't give up on them. Just respect that while this is going on, they may want to keep distance. In my divorce, every friend I ever spent time talking to, was depositioned by her attorney. No friend needs that hassle. Maybe you get them back, maybe you won't, but don't be too hard on them yet. A friend will come around after the nuke goes off and the radiation is at safe levels.

rubb....hang tough big guy...its going to be a bumpy ride ... we strapped in too lol

That sucks man. But like the guys said, a true friend will shine through all the garbage and those that weren't you dont need them around you anyhow.

Well, You just Gained Me as a Friend...When I got Clean and Sober 8 years ago, the same thing happened to me. Suddenly, I had No Friends! Figured, they weren't real friends anyway! Life goes on! Their Loss....It sucks in the beginning but it does get better Rubb. Believe Me!!! Rich.......

All the "drinkin' buddies" split eh. Jerks.

RSD.

Rubb,

When I was gong through my divorce friends of 20 years evaporated. They don't necessarily dislike you or feel that you are bad, they just feel uncomfortable about being in the middle of a couple splitting up. They don't want to hear the gory sides of each story. Plus your STBX may be intentionally be spreading maliciousness about you. Its another tactic they use trying to turn friends against you. Don't give up on them. Just respect that while this is going on, they may want to keep distance. In my divorce, every friend I ever spent time talking to, was depositioned by her attorney. No friend needs that hassle. Maybe you get them back, maybe you won't, but don't be too hard on them yet. A friend will come around after the nuke goes off and the radiation is at safe levels.

I am sick to fuggin' death of you being so smart and right all the time.

Don't you ever get tired of all them smarts you got.

Just kiddin' Bro. More words of wisdom yet again.

I say we fire Dr.Phil's azz and stick you in daytime primetime.:bowdown:

RSD.

Im going to say something I have told my many times divorced friends over the years....

Keep your friends /bikes/toys they will usually outlast MANY marriages!

BB

I am sick to fuggin' death of you being so smart and right all the time.

Don't you ever get tired of all them smarts you got.

Just kiddin' Bro. More words of wisdom yet again.

I say we fire Dr.Phil's azz and stick you in daytime primetime.:bowdown:

RSD.

I put distance between my friends and myself for 3 years. Some thought that I must be the bad guy because of it, some knew that I must have had good reasons. After the dust settled and I managed to find the phone and contact info for some of them, I would call and feel them out. Some said they heard stories that they couldn't believe, some believed her side, some never believed a word of any of it. You just don't or won't know until its all over. Basically she used my friends as a way to see what I was up to. When she decided to get an attorney and I saw the tactics being used, I didn't want my friends getting drug into any of it.

Afterwords, the stories were unbelievable to me, and others that knew me felt the same way. But she would periodically call to ask about me, not to treat them as friends. Essentially wanting to see what she could learn about me and my movements and goings on. Rubb, just learn to fight this fight.

I live about as far away as possible and still be on the same continent, but if you ever make it to Florida,,,,,,,,,, Stop in.

:welcome:

Back